Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received 8" replacement antenna yesterday for my 02 Z06 from Corvette Concepts. Man, this is by far the BEST low cost and simple appearance mod available. I originally purchased the 8" to replace the stock 30" antenna, not thinking that it would really make any big noticeable difference, but I did think the 30" was excessive. Boy was I wrong. IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE, especially when looking from the front passengers side back down to the back end.Thanks to the guys @ Corvette Concepts they are extremely nice and insightful. I do think the 8" antenna is actually better than the electric mod b/c the electric is still quite excessively long when it is up.PLEASE GET THOSE 30" antennae off of your rides and get something more proportional like the 8" beauty that is available from Corvette Concepts.(I am in no way compensated by Corvette Concepts for these remarks, just an extremely satisfied customer) :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds great!....How do I contact them? Do you have a phone # or web address? Is there a part # for this item?
thanks ....mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just go to XXX You will see their phone # on the web page, give them a call, they will fix you right up when you give the description of an 8" antenna for a Z06.

Edited:Not a supporting vendor.......

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Got mine last week. Using the old one to do some ice fishing...:lol: :lol: It looks a lot better than the pole that was on there :yeadog: :yeadog: :z:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oops, did not realize that they were no longer a supporting vendor

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
02C5Z06 said:
oops, did not realize that they were no longer a supporting vendor

Easy mistake no prob, next time we just start chopping your fingers off. The good news is you get to choose which ones......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
495 Posts
When did they drop off of being a supporting vendor? At the NCRS event in Orlando a couple of weeks ago, Jake had a Z06vette.com banner on one of his cars.

Nick

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Nick, I gave him 1...even though I am a Moderator and very loyal to Z06VETTE.COM and our Sister sites...I still consider Jake and his family personal friends.

JC and I will be in Bradenton on Sunday for the BPP Shootout...stop by...I give you 1 for you and 1 for Richard. Fubu/Les:cool:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
So let us all know when you find out which SV can supply these. If no SV can supply, then I guess the non-SV gets the biz :(

Is this antenna metal like the original, but just shorter?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
ZeeOhSix is right...

...about letting us know if any SV carry this mod. I'm all for giving my dollars to a SV first.

BTW...before I attempt it and maybe screw up...can the stock 30" mast just be unscrewed at the base? Just need to know this so I can put on my new car cover and figure out where to put the hole and grommet.

Thanks

Charlie

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm happy with the looks of mine, but I drive about 90 miles to work between Antioch and Sacramento. I have not had problems with preset stations, but when I try to scan for another station the radio can't lock on to any signal. I picked this up so I would not have to take the antenna off the car when I park it under my '87 on the lift. It works for what I needed it for, but the reception is not as good as stock in areas with poor signals.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I looked through the websites of all the supporting vendors, and did not find a shorty antenna on any of them. I, like the rest of you, would like to support our Supporting Vendors, could any of you that have such an itemlet us know.

Maybe this can be a Paddock item if anyone has it...

Mark

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I will contact several supporting vendors personally to advise them of our members support for this product today...Hopefully 1 of them will find a source quickly and offer it on Paddock or GP...ASAP. Fubu/Les

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why buy? I cut mine down myself. The ball on the end pulls off, I cut the antenna to the desired length, carefully enlarged the hole in the ball with a 5/32 drill, a little black RTV to hold it back on. 10 minutes tops, cost: $0.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I took off my antenna and put a black rubber vacuum cap (1/8"?)over the threaded post. It looks like a retracted power antenna, I still pull in radio stations just fine, (and I don't listen to the radio often anyway), and there's nothing to get caught or snagged on the back corner of the car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts