Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 02 Z used in Dec. It has 8000 miles on it. I keep hearing the clutch clackin when im at a stop light in neutral. When I push the clutch in is stops. Ive had many other stick shifts but have not noticed this type of noise with them. Is this normal for this car?

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
It's normal. This car makes all kind of odd noises. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Media clip on the left has the owner video for you viewing pleasure. The Video talks about some of the oddities of our cars. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
when do you know its time for a new clutch?
It's a GM - when you drive off the lot?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BUt seriously - unless you beat it up it should be pretty robust - now the actual hydraulics maybe another story - what with sticking pedals etc.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sound is normal - don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
RC45 said:
It's a GM - when you drive off the lot?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BUt seriously - unless you beat it up it should be pretty robust - now the actual hydraulics maybe another story - what with sticking pedals etc.
say, which car company do you think as a better clutch on any car?

for the record, mine as put up with 20k miles of everything to Drag radial full throddle launches, same stock clutch :mah:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I always wondered about this too... :screwy:

If you're taking it to the 1/4 track you may also experience another wierd clutch phenomenon called "suckdown"... heated up clutch will suck back down to the floor at high rpm's... seems to be a common... doesn't ever happen on the street or roadcourse just on the 1/4... and not always...

:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts