Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

Looking at a H/C or S/C upgrade to add a 100-150 or so on stock '02 Z. Would I be anywhere close to having concerns about my bottom end not handling the extra power?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
1. H/C= stock bottom end wont be much of an issue, in most cases.
2. Mag supercharger= Again, provided you dont crank the boost, stock bottom end will be fine.
3. Centrifugal blower= People have lost motors within a week, others have been able to get decent time out of their stock blocks, but the concensus is that you will end up with a built motor inevitably, especially if you want to get close to the edge of the envelope.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Whipdan said:
When to forge the bottom?
When you blow the stocker or if you plan on making much more than 550-600 rwhp.

Mark

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'll let you know how long my stock bottom end lasts :sneaky: So far, it's taken 2000 miles of generally beating on it each time I drive.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
BBaxR6 said:
I'll let you know how long my stock bottom end lasts :sneaky: So far, it's taken 2000 miles of generally beating on it each time I drive.
We're at the same power levels Brandon. Are you using any oil? How much boost are you running? I'm at 9psi with a 10.1-1 cr, and I know eventually I'll at least forge my pistons. She goes like stink now though!! :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Z06 Tom said:
We're at the same power levels Brandon. Are you using any oil? How much boost are you running? I'm at 9psi with a 10.1-1 cr, and I know eventually I'll at least forge my pistons. She goes like stink now though!! :D
Well, my car is an '01, so it burned a little oil before the blower, but not so much any more. Prolly cause I don't heel + toe quite as much with the blower (i.e. low load, high rpm). I'm running about 9-9.5 psi on 9.6:1 CR. I guess i'm just gonna wait till she blows, then start thinking about a forged motor :guiness:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts