Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am going to get one. I was told buy the Chevy dealer yesterday that they think the new Z will be hear in August and that it will cost 63-65K. But who knows with dealers. ANyone else have arrival dates?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I asked a local dealer here and he said could be as late as Dec.(If things go wrong) and he won't set the price until they arrive cause he could get as much as 20k above sticker... Sounds like I will by mine somewhere else!!!

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I am #69 on Rick Daniel's list and he said it would be late winter or early spring before I see mine.

Wished I hadn't sold the 02 so quickly, but got a good price so couldn't pass up the offer.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I would say available late fall/early winter.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Well changeover is July 9th so whenever they start shipping them, you'll see them on the roads.
Not July 9th now. September 9th is when the changeover to the 06's occurs this year.
Dealers will know their allocation in may. So probably june ordering on C6Z06's by dealers and late august/early september deliveries.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
I am number one at my local dealers list and number one on MikesZ06's Crap list. :)
He luvs ya Norm!!! :p :yeadog: :thumb:

·
Registered
576 Posts
MSiska said:
Not July 9th now. September 9th is when the changeover to the 06's occurs this year.
Dealers will know their allocation in may. So probably june ordering on C6Z06's by dealers and late august/early september deliveries.
Actually GM has told the dealers already that the Z06 will start production earlier than the coupes/verts and barring delays will start last week in July.

GOLD72 :thumb:

·
Registered
261 Posts
GOLD72 said:
Actually GM has told the dealers already that the Z06 will start production earlier than the coupes/verts and barring delays will start last week in July.

GOLD72 :thumb:
That's right, July 25th they start building the new Z! :jammin:

They won't start building the 2006 coupes and verts until Sept :-?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
one dealr by my house (Courtesy Chevy) said they will start at 25k over, I find that funny since they F'd up my Z 2x. THe other dealer (Anderson Chevy) said they already have people comitted to pay 110k for the car.

I am not sure how this is going to work for them since legally you cannot sell a car for more than 110 percent of its value (IE 10k car you can only sell for 11k). Also banks are not going to finance somone buying a car for that much over sticker so the person would need to pay cash, and somone with tha kind of cash is not stupid enough to pay that much over sticker. I rreally hope dealers that try this kind of crap get their just deserts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It's a shame about the mark-up. Our vertical integration, antitrust laws are at the root of this, but I bet some of the import manufs find a way to keep their dealers in line.

It could be argued we ought to just buy cars online direct from the manuf, have them shipped to your house, and then the manuf should support local service depts. Cut out the middleman.

I guess I'll be keeping the '04 for a while....

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
quickZ said:
It's a shame about the mark-up. Our vertical integration, antitrust laws are at the root of this, but I bet some of the import manufs find a way to keep their dealers in line.

It could be argued we ought to just buy cars online direct from the manuf, have them shipped to your house, and then the manuf should support local service depts. Cut out the middleman.

I guess I'll be keeping the '04 for a while....

Ferrari does not engauge in this kind of crap, although on the Enzo they did make you sign paperowk saying you would keep the car for a year. I am no commie and I think that dealers should be allowed to make money but any markup on any car more than 5k is WAY out of line. I plan on waiting for dealers to get their heads right and charge MSRP before I buy one

·
Registered
79 Posts
Polar Bear said:
one dealr by my house (Courtesy Chevy) said they will start at 25k over, I find that funny since they F'd up my Z 2x. THe other dealer (Anderson Chevy) said they already have people comitted to pay 110k for the car.

I am not sure how this is going to work for them since legally you cannot sell a car for more than 110 percent of its value (IE 10k car you can only sell for 11k). Also banks are not going to finance somone buying a car for that much over sticker so the person would need to pay cash, and somone with tha kind of cash is not stupid enough to pay that much over sticker. I rreally hope dealers that try this kind of crap get their just deserts
I wish you were right about the scumbag dealers doing something illegal because there are some Ford gt owners that obviously paid up to 90% above sticker and they ought to get their money back if it was an illegal sale.On the other hand i guess if you have enough money you can afford to be stupid. :rofl:
Im not knocking your post i'm just mad like you because people won't stick together and not buy the latest and greatest because they have to have it right now and their stupidity makes the dealers think they can stick it to everyone. I'm not opposed to a dealer making a profit which is why there is a msrp.It's just too bad some people cannot control themselves in their hero worship of a car they want.For all those people that want a low elite number of vehicles manufactured SHAME ON YOU.I think everyone should be able to enjoy a car as great as a Z06! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Looks like the C5 Z06 is slowing down on it's depreciation..........maybe because of the dealer's greed on the new Z.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't think any secret as street cars start production this summer. So don't get your panties in a bind as production of this neat Corvette Hot Rod gets fine tuned. So sorry bought all that snifling and whimpering, get a pre deal in writing as this dumb Cherokee Indian did, and we know a bit about that kinda stuff, yea, don,t I wish.
Well I have my deal and this not so dumb Indain sent a message to my white friend many moons ago and used the "magic wire" better known as a fax to my attorney, (white man with paper arrow)
to make sure this red man gets his black 2006 Z at the agreed price.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
tonto said:
Don't think any secret as street cars start production this summer. So don't get your panties in a bind as production of this neat Corvette Hot Rod gets fine tuned. So sorry bought all that snifling and whimpering, get a pre deal in writing as this dumb Cherokee Indian did, and we know a bit about that kinda stuff, yea, don,t I wish.
Well I have my deal and this not so dumb Indain sent a message to my white friend many moons ago and used the "magic wire" better known as a fax to my attorney, (white man with paper arrow)
to make sure this red man gets his black 2006 Z at the agreed price.
Smart man :yeadog:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Polar Bear said:

If any California C6 Z06 enthusiasts want to save big $$$, just contact me and I will sell mine for a lot less than what the greedy local dealers are selling them for.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts