Corvette Z06 Forum banner

When will they REALLY announce the new C6Z price?

  • End of June/Q2

    Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Dog Days of Summer (July - August)

    Votes: 17 30.4%
  • End of the Summer (September)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Fall announcement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Not At All, GM will be on Auction Block before then

    Votes: 5 8.9%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, someone asked for a poll on this so I thought... why not?

When do you think they'll announce the price of the new C6 Z06?

My guess is they're waiting for the stock to tank as low as it can go before they announce it so they'll get a slight bump. Probably end of this quarter just before the conference call with Wall Street.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
I'm still holding on to June 15 give or take a couple of days.

Watch for updates after June 15 :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
I am officially announcing the price of the 06 Z06...$75,000 loaded. Anymore than that the car will not sell well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
They gotta do it soon, so the dealers can put the market adjustment sticker next to GM's sticker. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,625 Posts
bsteinhagen said:
They gotta do it soon, so the dealers can put the market adjustment sticker next to GM's sticker. :D
will that be $10K or $20K? :eek:o: :eek:o: :flaming: :flaming:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
johniew398 said:
Rick Daniels told me yesterday the end of June.

Was Rick specific, i.e. June 30, or was it more of an arm-wave "end of the month" kind of comment? If it was a more general comment, then I think he's smokescreening. Usually this close in, companies get very very specific about dates, counts, and amounts.

To think that the launch of this event would be loosely coordinated would be a big mistake. Dates, times, inventories, commercials, print advertising, supply chain for repair parts, customer service and salesperson training, all have to be set up prior to a product launch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
will that be $10K or $20K? Oh ,lets compromise and just clobber you with a mere $15K :eek: :eek: :eek:

I waited until the end of 2001, to order my 01, and now that I realize they made improvements the second year...I kinda think I will wait until the Gold Rush dies down!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,701 Posts
Vinnie said:
I am officially announcing the price of the 06 Z06...$75,000 loaded. Anymore than that the car will not sell well.
I hope not. They can take the $75,000.00 and shove it where the sun don't shine. As far as I'm concerned it will be over priced. I've got my limitations. I'll wait until someone has theirs for sale or they start showing up on used car lots and buy then. Excuse all the BS artists because they will become used cars as soon as they car leaves the dealerships. I saw 2002 Z06's for sale very low miles, 300-1000 miles as early as late Oct-2001. Be patient let the fools buy the cars if GM over prices them and break them in and then get yourself a good USED car and priced right. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
george said:
I hope not. They can take the $75,000.00 and shove it where the sun don't shine. As far as I'm concerned it will be over priced. I've got my limitations. I'll wait until someone has theirs for sale or they start showing up on used car lots and buy then. Excuse all the BS artists because they will become used cars as soon as they car leaves the dealerships. I saw 2002 Z06's for sale very low miles, 300-1000 miles as early as late Oct-2001. Be patient let the fools buy the cars if GM over prices them and break them in and then get yourself a good USED car and priced right. ;)
What # are you on there list?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
For me, if they price it too high, there are two alternatives I am looking at, one is the new BMW M6 coming out in the spring and here's the other alternative due out this fall:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,701 Posts
curvesman said:
What # are you on there list?
Was number 174 last month I'm sure lower because of the attrition rate. 174 was a +/- from Rick.usa:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
johniew398 said:
For me, if they price it too high, there are two alternatives I am looking at, one is the new BMW M6 coming out in the spring and here's the other alternative due out this fall:
That viper ought to come with a spare gas station.It will be out of its league against the Z's mileage :z:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top