Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot locate a 2002 Z06 anywhere. You guys please give me the names of dealerships where you know they are on the lot. Preferably in the Southeast. Thanks

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Wes- You probably won't have too much luck finding a 2002 sitting on a lot anywhere this early in the game. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Your best bet, IMO, is to strike a deal with a large enough dealer and order the car you want. Rick Daniels and other dealers I'm sure are offering better than average discounts and can actually get the cars. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So... good luck and keep us posted. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
WES,

Check out the merchant section of the forum. Rick Danial is a supporting vendor and can put your butt in a new Z within 6-8 weeks or less. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Suuurre, there are plenty of new Z06s available out there. Just go to G-r-e-e-d-y Chevrolet, located Anytown, USA and tell the salesman, you are there by special invitation as a "preferred" customer and wish to purchase a Z06. He will then ask you politely if you will kindly bend over and soon you'll feel what can only best be described as "the shaft". Before you know it, a new Z06 will be yours in no time for the fabulous price of $10 to 15k over sticker. Good luck. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
282 Posts

On 2001-08-15 04:05, dsinned spewed forth this drivel:
He will then ask you politely if you will kindly bend over and soon you'll feel what can only best be described as "the shaft".
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif I know what you mean, Champion Chevrolet here in Reno has a couple 2001 Z06's and wants $12K over sticker on each. Surprisingly they only got 4 Z06's allocated for the 2001 model year but they sold many more because they buy them from out-of-state dealers and resell them here for a much higher price. Talk about the local customer stupidity! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif I even heard from another dealer that this dealer had told him his customers are too stupid to go someplace else. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,

I have some really good news /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I have found the 2002 Z06 for $48,500 out the door at two dealerships. One is on the lot and the other is due Sept 17th. I think that is a great deal for a new 2002 Z06. Now I am working on the financing. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Wes

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also checked out the 01 ZO6s at Champion the other day ..that dealership is crap i told them about the discounts being offered at MAXIE PRICE ..idiot sales mgr tells me to buy in GA.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif already have a 02 ZO6 on order with a dealership in las vegas for MSRP /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey Zowhat, you're the first person from Reno that I've seen on this board. We should meet sometime after one or both of us gets his Z06. I have a deposit at a dealer in Utah, also for MSRP with a possible discount. I really wonder if anyone buys from the crappy Champion or if it's their strategy to tell everyone including me that Z06's are hard to get and all of them got sold with such markups. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
231 Posts
Beggar,yea looks like we are the only ones from reno posting on this forum..i have a TPW of 8/20..EB/MOD RED ZO6..delivery probably around early sept..would be glad to meet..just sold 01 quicksilver coupe /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well, you'll definitely get yours sooner than I will unless I change to Maxie Price or something, but then I'd have to do a courtesy delivery to Champion for $1000./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif No thanks. But at least Champion let me test drive their silver Z06 they have on the lot.

My dealer says he'll get his next allocation in the next 2 weeks. I was first on the list, but because I want yellow I'm now third./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif If the yellow doesn't go through this time, I'll probably change to silver but I'm still a little undecided. This will be my first Vette and as you can see I'm aiming at the top of the food chain. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Sold my Firebird Formula earlier this summer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well guys, it looks like im about ready to go get my Z. I need to know where the best place is to get one though. Whos the cheapest and where are they? I dont think im gonna buy from daugherty in sacramento cus i dont think that want to deal. They just wanna rape me and everyone who comes onto the lot. I dont go that way so i wont go back /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
What the hell is it with these *#^&$% dealers out here in the West??? Every last one of 'em is trying to screw us potential Corvette customers. I am totally sick of their ridiculous high markup prices and refuse to buy a car from any of them. I wish they had to answer to the gov't for their shabby business practices. They act like they have a license to steal, so let's all teach them a lesson. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO BUY ANY CAR FROM ANY DEALER FOR MORE THAN MSRP. Take your business elsewhere and don't look back. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
22 Posts
ORDERED MINE JULY 6----JUST PICKED IT UP. IT WAS IN DEALERS HANDS ON AUG 13. LOVE IT ALOT OF NEAT THINGS OVER MY 2001.
2001 YELLOW Z06 WITH CHROME WHEELS RED INT.
2002 RED Z06 RED INT.

·
Registered
282 Posts
RedZ06Vette, you have 2 ways to go. One way is to search gmbuypower.com for dealers that have allocation and will sell for MSRP or less. That's how I found my dealer in Utah. The second way is to order from a massive dealer like Maxie Price and have the car courtesy delivered to a local dealer. However you'll be paying a courtesy delivery fee to the local dealer and some dealers may even refuse to do the delivery for you.

·
Registered
316 Posts

On 2001-08-15 13:00, Wes1927 spewed forth this drivel:
Hey guys,

I have some really good news /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I have found the 2002 Z06 for $48,500 out the door at two dealerships. One is on the lot and the other is due Sept 17th. I think that is a great deal for a new 2002 Z06. Now I am working on the financing. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Wes

48.5k out of door!!!???
How much is that before tax & licensing??
Just want to know how much it would be for
me here in CA...

Really one a 02... but just didn't think
I could afford it anytime soon.

Thanks,

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
At $48,500 out the door, BUY IT NOW!! You have exceeded the promise land. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Your a better negotiator than most of us. I tip my hat to you. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well thanks Les, and btw way guys, thanks for making me feel so welcome so soon /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
If you guys want to know where to pick one up at $48,410 out the door, please email me.

·
Registered
878 Posts
IF YOU CAN GET IT FOR 48.5 BUY IT!!! I had to fight 5 different dealerships for weeks and finally got one to give me $1,000 off msrp.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts