Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
And post where you got it. :)

I'm going to spend $3 on the Fbody LS1 plug - and just see if it fits - if it does....sweet! If not....*shrug*, just $3

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
This should not cost much more than $5, even from GM. I got one from Ecklers for $5.xx ...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
L.A.P.D Ask for Shawn.:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bob put me in ouch with the parts guy over at Estes named Jerry. I ordered the power antenna for the Z (fantastic price BTW) and then enquired about the magnetic drain plug as well. He informed me that the factory plug was magnetic. I didn't argue with him but thought he may be wrong. Is this correct?

JOHN

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
N4C5S said:
That's the second GM guy who has said that, can anyone verify for certain?

JC
I can verify for absolute certain that my 2001 drain plug is NOT magnetic...:)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Offtopic but.... just noticed we have the same B- Day TAMU! :cheers:

Strange coincidence? Or... something more sinister. :D

The calander is C :cool: :cool: L! :)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
N4C5S said:
That's the second GM guy who has said that, can anyone verify for certain?

JC
I'm about to find out on the 02, since I'm due to change the oil. However, when I bought the car the salesman checked with the parts department, who told him that the mag drain plug was standard. I think this was based on the fact that the replacement part from GM is magnetic. I still don't think a mag plug comes with the engine from the factory, even in 02.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Good evening. The GM part number for the magnetic plug is 26019396. Around $3.00. I just bought two last week.( one for a friend"s conv)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I just went to www.gmpartsdirect.com and here is what I got:

GM Part # 26019396
Category ALL
Description KEY-IGN L
Pack Qty 1

GM List 23.87
GM Wholesale 17.91
Our Price 14.32
Core Charge 0.00

Baron said:
Good evening. The GM part number for the magnetic plug is 26019396. Around $3.00. I just bought two last week.( one for a friend,s conv)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Drain Plug Part Number

gmblack3 said:
Does anybody have the correct part #? TIA
The 2002 Z06 drain plug is NOT magnetic despite words to the contrary.

The correct part number is 88891787. It cost me something over $4.00 at a local dealer

Z06Y Lady

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Thanks

great thread I will buy one before my first oil change. Does that dealer have a phone # that has the plug for under 3.00 dollars?

Sanford:)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
The dealer I buy my parts from is Sudbays Motors,Gloucester, MA 01930. Their tele # is 978-283-0740. Ask for Henry or Dan. Tell them Baron sent you.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Wrong number. 978-283-4730

1 - 20 of 26 Posts