Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been everywhere, Kmart, Walmart, PepBoys(no longer carry them), 3 chevy dealers, a buick dealer, Carquest.

I'm in the Chicago Suburbs so I find it hard to belive that there is not a demand around here.

Any Help????

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I've only been able to get them from Chevy dealers. What's strange is that most dealers don't carry them in their stock -- they figure these filters are too expensive, and nobody will want to buy them.

If all else fails, just have your local dealer order them for you. Talk him into a discount -- most will take something off.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I got 4 of them at pepboys for $6.90 each in the atlanta area. Any more pepboys stores in your area to check? The local dealer here wanted $14 and had to order them. Try Fichtner Chevrolet, they seem to have good prices on GM parts. [email protected] is the email address.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Joe:

I've checked several Detroit area Chevy dealers, and have been unsuccesfull, but a local Pep Boys had it. I think I paid $8 and some change.

Zipster :) :)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
ELCO Chevrolet is the biggest Vette dealer in the St. Louis are. I was suprised to find out they didn't carry it. I'm getting my oil changed next week before going to Joliet, and would love to find one before I go. Still looking here. :(

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey Frank

Yer up late. Fichtner will send them out to you right away. They always have lots of them. Order a couple of them so you have them on hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts