Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked several places local, and can't seem to find one.

Apparently the '04 Z's thermostat is different than the 01 -03 Z's.

Also, what would be the best one to get.

tia.

augydog :usa:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just FYI, I changed to a 180 degree thermostat on my '01 expecting a big drop in temperatures. It barely changed at all. It might run 3 or 4 degrees cooler. So, I ordered a 160 thermostat to install before I put on my blower and other goodies. So, I suggest a 160 degree thermostat if you have the means to change when the fans kick on. Just my $.02!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shepsvettes said:
what is diffrent? are they smaller in diamater?
From what I understand, on the 01-03 Z's, you must buy the housing and thermostat as a unit, whereas on the '04 Z you only need the thermostat and not the housing.

augydog

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you are having an overheating problem, I would suggest looking into a larger radiator.

Overall, you will make better power with the stock t-stat than a cooler one.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
viper1 said:
If you are having an overheating problem, I would suggest looking into a larger radiator.

Overall, you will make better power with the stock t-stat than a cooler one.
I'm not really having a overheating problem, my tuner thinks I have some more I could get out of my tune and still be safe.

He indicated that my car doesn't like it when the timing is advanced, and a lower tstat with fan settings will help get the hiding horses.

My tuner is GOOD, car runs like a Raped Ape as it is, but he is a perfectionist. :p

augydog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts