Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I can purchase the large bolts that hold the caliper mounting bracket on to the car. Do you need washers too?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would think a dealer would have them. We have reused ours a number of times by only replacing the loctite on they.

Tony#54

·
Registered
271 Posts
Bob:
I have found that dealers seldom stock these bolts. I order them from www.gmpartsdirect.com, a forum vendor. The caliper bolts are part number 14084051 and the washers are part number 10268875.

Most of the racers on the forum reuse these bolts, just cleaning them and reapplying threadlocker. I keep a supply of them and replace them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Some think that these are torque to yield bolts because the shop manual says to use once and replace. They are not torque to yield bolts and can be re-used. GM wants you to replaced them because the new bolts come with loctite installed and wants to ensure you use loctite at that caliper location. Clean them up apply loctite and torque to ??? I don't have my shop manual with me and can't remember the torque value. Maybe someone else can chime in with the torque value. I seem to remember 125lb/ft. Check before you use that value.

Chas.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
brake caliper mounting bracket bolts to 175 N·m (125 lb ft).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts