Votes: 131 53.9%
  • Out of State Dealer

Votes: 112 46.1%
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for another Poll. I'm curious how many of you purchased your Z06 at a "Local" dealer or "Out of State".

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Wish I knew about Rick and Bob last November, could have saved a few $$$. Bought chevrolet of Lowell (Mass). They have treated me very well, no complaints to this point...

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Bought my '02 from Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, Michigan. They are about 24 miles from here. Very pleased with the service, btw.

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
To make this complete, you need another option, because neither fit me. We have no local dealers which got a Z06 allocation within 3 hours of where I live so I purchased it from a Detroit area dealer, 400 miles from my home, but in state.:smile:

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
KERBECK-Atlantic City NJ

Ditto on the local dealers ability to get a Z06; our club is sponsored by a Chevy dealer, and he told me "SORRY"... :( so Kerbeck only had about 25 Z06's on the lot and about 150 C5's in general...all they asked when I called was.."What color do youwant?" :eek: :eek:
My salesman called me 4 times within the first 3 weeks to be sure I liked the car... Great people! :D :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
This is my 2nd C5 from Maroone (formerly Steve Moore) Chevy. Sharon Dibble is the greatest! Deal is always below sticker. This year there is an added incentive, that being Trackside Delivery. Included in the deal is a 1/2 day at Justin Bell's driving school. Two years ago, when I picked up my 2000 they had a driver meet me at the airport. Car was a day late so they gave me a Tahoe to drive around in and pointed me to local areas of interest that I might like to visit.
Bottom line: I'll go from MA to FL any day to get treated like this.
Bob

·
Registered
496 Posts
There's no answer in the poll for me as I have bought both locally and from out of state dealers. I prefer to buy locally, but getting a discount in this city is very hard so I've been buying out of state lately.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Zippy said:
Bought my '02 from Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, Michigan. They are about 24 miles from here. Very pleased with the service, btw.

Zippy :) :)
Hey Zippy, I just ordered a 2002 Quicksilver Z06 last week from Les Stanford too. Got an instant TPW of last week of September and will have the car shipped to my area. So far I'm getting great customer service. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bought mine from Frank Parra in Irving Tx. I live in Missouri. 3rd Vette bought from them because they have always had either something on the lot or already on order that I wanted.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Went out of state. Tried locally, but they couldn't get an allocation for yellow. Happened upon one with a TPW on the other forum. Ended up getting it from Georgia (Bill Heard Chev.). The whole thing went so smoothly that I swore I was getting screwed somehow.

Not a single complaint!

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Campbell Chevy...BG,KY

Like buying my Corvettes in Bowling Green,KY.....This way,the travel on the Carrier is but 7 miles.....Less chance for damage. PLUS....always get discount from MSRP!!!!

Only 7 days until MY Z06 rolls off the Assembly line!!!! WaaHoo!!!

Zman

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ordered mine from Becky Davis @ Bruce Glueck Chev. in Florida. I gave them a $1,000 deposit and got free Museum Delivery (R8C). They were great people to do business with!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Bought my '01 from Kevin Will at Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, Michigan.
They are about 1400 miles from here. Very pleased with the service, btw. HarleyB

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wanted to buy in-state : ( They would not give me the deal I wanted.

I purchased out of state from Karl Johanson one of the supporting vendors on the CF.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
OOS for me, in fact from a Midwestern dealer North of Chicago, Bernard Chevrolet. Got a great deal, but still waiting for car to be built and courtesy delivered, hopefully by middle of next mo. No way would I buy in my home State (CA) because the dealers are all a bunch of bandidos with virtually every Z06 they have for sale marked up into the stratosphere, some as high as $15k over sticker (and I've even seen huge markups on trade-ins). Just two words come to mind . . . GREEDY BASTARDS!!! :mad:

WOW, more than 50% of us are going OOS. I hope Chevrolet is monitoring this poll. It's a wake up call that their current allocation system and dealer pricing policies are sorely in need of
change. HALF of their customers should not have to go OOS to buy a new Z06. There's something wrong with this picture. :(

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I went out of state, to Bill Jacobs Chev in Joliet, IL (Bob Gualandi, salesman) because I didn't think the local dealer was big enough to get what I wanted in a reasonable time frame ...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
could have saved some bread out of state.......but i like to keep my bread in the community.....plus local dealership here is outasite.....treated me very well and still calls to see how the car is doing....(i think he calls to see if i am ready to buy another car or suv.he tells me the new arrivals):lol:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I think I'm the only guy I know of who bought my Z on the internet.

The advantage of an internet sale is a streamlined buying process. I was told due to less paperwork and dealer margins, I saved $3487.00 off the best price I could negotiate with local dealers.

Problem was I had to have it delivered to a local dealer in Canada who tried to sell it to me for full price MSRP. Their reasoning was the car was in such high demand, they could get more than MSRP. I decided to make a fool of myself and made a huge scene in the middle of their showroom floor in front of all the thier prospective car buyers.

The Manager thought I was some wacko and wanted me removed from the premises. I told him he either bides by my internet purchase agreement or he he'll be hearing from my lawyer, I was out of there in 30 minutes with my new Z.

Sad story. What I did was insane but I simply won't be held ransom by anyone trying a stunt like this.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Ordered mine through Bill Buck Chevrolet, Venice, Florida. Excellent price and good follow-up customer service. Bill Buck Jr. is a real Corvette guy (owns nine Corvettes currently), a Lifetime & Business Lifetime Member and very strong supporter of the NCM. He gives out one-year NCM membership to every Corvette buyer (including the pre-owned inventory).

I optioned my Z06 with Museum Delivery (R8C). So it has not left Bowling Green since birth!

:)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts