Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called two of our local parts stores and no one sells the high end filter. Can you tell me where you guys buy your filters. I have an oil change to perform this weekend. My second one. hahaha

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think that they were discontinued for a short period of time......as soon as I caught wind of it, I bought 8 from my local dealership. As soon as I 'stocked up', I also read on the forum that AC-Delco was going to continue to manufacture this 'Ultra Guard Gold' UPF-44 filter for C-5 owners. You might want to see if your local dealership has any in stock or can order some for you.

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
I have solicited several on-line and local vendors. This filter has been MD'd (Manufacturer Discontinued). I would really like to believe that Delco will reconsider or replace in their product line? It's their call... :-? :roll:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
One of Forum Vendors, Bob Benedix (corvetteseller) had gotten several cases in and was looking to sell them, I bought an even dozen.

Not sure if he has any left, but it is worth checking with him...

Mark

·
Registered
251 Posts
we still have some left out of the 10 cases we were able to
get recently.

Call Jerry Gygi in my parts department, ID yourself as from
this forum.

1-800-549-3315

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
NAPA has a gold filter for the vette that is probably just as good.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Norman:

This is the local supply for your area as of early November. try these locations if you have a problem getting some from our forum vendors.

Superior Parts Center KC, Ks. 1-800-280-0405 Qty. 2
Factory Motor Parts KC, Ks 1-800-821-5606 4
Midway Whse. KC, Ks. 1-800-235-3131 7
Factory Motor parts KC, Ks. 1-800-821-5606 4

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
CorvetteSeller,

I'd been looking for some of those UPF-44 gold filters.Got a better price buying a case.Thanks again!:D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
VettTheRipper said:
NAPA has a gold filter for the vette that is probably just as good.
K&N would be another one to concider if you can't locate the Ultragaurd :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts