Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Went to the local strip for the first time today. I had a great time and ran with a few other vettes, including a 03 Z. The third vette was a 03 Commerative. We all had problems hooking up. We couldn't get around the water box to back in and the track seemed slick. The other Z ran consistantly with me except for his last run which was a 12.91, the best of the group. The Commerative ran a best of 13.09. I couldn't hook up at all and had a best of 13.22:( @ 108. I did beat a moded Z28 which ran a 13.53 in the next lane:). My problem, as well as all of us, was traction. My best 60 foot was 2.23 :eek: . I was a swimmer in high school and I guess I feel like I'm getting ready to swim. My heart races and I can't seem to get my launch right. I end up spinning the tires big time. Maybe there is someone out there that has been through the same anticipation. HELP!! I need some way to relax.

By the way, the other Z had long tube headers and a Blackwing intake, tuned, and the Z28 was also running headers, intake and was tuned. The 03 Commerative guy said he was stock, but his trap speed was a mph higher, so I think not.

Tim:)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I normally visualize what my run is going to be like and what I'm going to do while I'm waiting to stage. By the time I get staged I already know what's going to happen because I've been over it in my head at least ten times. Once I stage, I go through the whole sequence one more time just to make sure I have it. That's all I think about...not the other car or the people watching. :cheers:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm beginning to think that for my first time at the strip with my 03, I didn't do too bad. I have read Rangers tips again and plan on going back a week from Friday (going to Road America next weekend:) The BRIC ).

Thanks Case, you have good advice. I need to not look so much at my competition and pay more attention to what I need to do to improve. I think the car has the engine to run at least 12.80. I just need to not dump the clutch . I am still learning how to control a car that is much more than just transportation :yeadog: .

God do I love my ZZZZZ :D .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts