Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a week of blissful ownership listening primarily to the sweet sound of the exhaust, I decided to take along a few CDs .... Where in the world do you put them? I can fit maybe 2 in the console and it doesn't seem like the best place because it gets quite warm in there. The glove compartment is about big enough for the owners manual and (duh) a pair of gloves. When I stick them in the back, the first moderate acceleration puts them into the center well .....

I've looked around the supporting vendors web sites, and have not seen anything to address this issue.

Any suggestions? What do you do with them?

·
Registered
0 Posts
CD player?? :-? We have a CD player?? I just found out I have a radio a couple of weeks ago. :lol: I thought the PRTs was all the sound I needed. :D

Actually, Jerry, I have a case I bought from Eckler's to hold my CD's. But honestly, it's been laying back in one of the side holes. I haven't seen it in months. :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
cd's.....are you crazy thats too much extra weight....Lol no just kidding.....When I am a vette owner I plan on tossing that Bose system right in the trash, I can't stand stock systems....For about $700-$900 you can get a very good head unit, 10 disc changer and new spreakers.....BTW how many speakers are in the vette...and what are their dimensions??? Just wondering because I know a Trans Am comes with 10 speakers, but am pretty sure the Vette oy has 10

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Just spent 8+ hours in my Z with about a dozen CDs all over the front seat and front floor (its amazing how quick those things move if you have to hit the brakes).

One of the members did have a custom built unit that fit behind the seat and between one of the partitions. It had slots for 12 CDs, but I am not sure how handy it is since it is behind you...

·
Registered
619 Posts
A visor pouch should fix this problem.
It holds about 12 cds and it fits on the topp of the visor and folds away when not in use.

I think it costs like $15.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Case Logic makes a car carrier that is two pieces that you can either hang to the back of the seats or just set on the carpet. They have velcro on them so they will not slide if you set it on the carpet. The two pieces hook together to make a carrying case when not in the car. I use it for trips and it has pouches for different things you might want to kepp handy in the car, batteries, radios, snacks etc.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I too, use a 12 holder pouch that velcros to the sun visor. Handy because I have my favorites right handy, and can also transfer it to my other cars as needed. Also have a 72 CD holder zippered case that I put right behind the passenger seat back...it is within easy reach from the driver's seat (except when I drive hard, then it bounces around like a ping-pong ball in a hurricane :eek: )

Zippy :cheers:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Where do you keep your CDs ??

Pretty much at home so far...:lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have a holder with 25 pages in it with a zipper black case (soft cloth) each plastic sheet holds 4 cd's. Fits right behind the passenger seat and holds a total of 100 cd's, works for me!

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you purchase the partition from Nate it will keep your CD holder close to the front. Just a little "plus" you'll get from the partition:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
In a 50 CD travel case on the passenger seat - if empty.

If occupied, passenger is required to hold case on lap, and act as DJ.

Joey

·
Registered
221 Posts
I keep CDs in my pants pockets, so my girlfriends can ask is that a CD or are you glad to see me;) :lol: :p

·
Registered
496 Posts
aquametal said:

Very cool. Did you make that yourself? If so, how much do you charge?:)
I had a local stereo shop make it for me. Cost was $250.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I use a small hard plastic cd holder, and I just slip it under the driver seat. The floor mat seems to hold it back ok (so it doesnt get under my feet).:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts