Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing out my fuel pump, but it is not on the drivers side fuel tank behind the rear wheel? Is it in a different location on the later model 03' and 04' Z's?

TIA

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I believe the fuel pump is in the tank on all Z06s. The fuel filter was moved into the tank with the pump in mid 03. On earlier C5/Z06 the fuel filter was located on the inside of the driver's side frame rail just in front of the rear wheel, but the pump isn't there.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
The fuel pump was moved to the top of the tank.
You need to drop the tank.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Remove the rest of the sheild (13mm bolts) and the hose connecting the 2 tanks together. It will drop right down.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You have the FFS fuel system , and unless you are really good at working on your car and have a large array of tools , you might want to let someone else handle it. There are many differences between the FFS system cars and non-FFS system cars. The tanks are connected in a different way and it's not as easy to drop the tank as it used to be.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
butcher said:
You have the FFS fuel system , and unless you are really good at working on your car and have a large array of tools , you might want to let someone else handle it. There are many differences between the FFS system cars and non-FFS system cars. The tanks are connected in a different way and it's not as easy to drop the tank as it used to be.
Yep. Have the FFS system. Found out I dont have to change out the pump after all. Good thing, because I read over the GM service manual and this is NOT an easy task.

WHEW! :z:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts