Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've been searching through some of the vendors on the left and can't seem to find anybody that sells "track only" brake pads.

Where do you track junkies get your brake pads from?

Thanks

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Just an FYI. I was talking to provette on the phone last night. He mentioned that he used a VERY aggressive set of pads on his car one time and the dust was very corrosive and ate his wheels really badly. Even said when he had them stripped and recoated, the machine shop had to dip them because the brake dust was adhered to the surface. Even sand blasting wouldn't remove the dust.

·
Registered
83 Posts
PFYC.com. He is a supporting vendor and carries the Carbotech. I use the XP9 on front and XP8 rear. Very happy with them.

The dust from Carbotech is not corrosive like some race pads.

Kirk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PerforminNorman said:
Just an FYI. I was talking to provette on the phone last night. He mentioned that he used a VERY aggressive set of pads on his car one time and the dust was very corrosive and ate his wheels really badly. Even said when he had them stripped and recoated, the machine shop had to dip them because the brake dust was adhered to the surface. Even sand blasting wouldn't remove the dust.
Yep they'll do that. Thats ok I have a set of wheels for dedicated track use. Just looking for a good source for pads.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Almost all of the top SCCA T1 drivers are using Carbotech pads. I raced on XP9 front, XP8 rear for my first few races, then moved up to X10 front, XP9 rear in 03 and XP11 front, XP10 rear at my last two races this year. Great pads, especially for the money and American company. And, they are ceramic so the dust doesn't hurt the wheels as Norm alludes to above.

As mentioned above, they are carried by forum vendor PYFC.com (yellow link saying Corvette Store near the bottom) - look under the For the Track link on their website.

I suggest you start on XP9 front, XP8 rear if you are using R compound tires and move up from there. If you are on street tires, you might want to start with XP8 front, Panther Plus rear (a combo I personally haven't used).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes, I also use Carbotech X9's from PFYC. great prices and service.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts