Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering where you guys go to get an alignment?

I haven't been high speed in a while, and although the car had a bit of a side-to-side motion at even freeway speed, I blasted it up to 130 today and it felt very unsettled. I had the death grip on the steering wheel and was still very freaked out (keep in mind, I'm not a skittish guy, and regularly blow well past that speed and have driven other more capable cars over 180mph). Felt like I was on ET streets, and I know what thats like.

I'm convinced the problem is in the alignment, and after more than 3 years and 20k miles it can't hurt anyways. So where do you guys go?

Any other thoughts if that may not be it?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm getting my new Toyo's for the fronts tomorroow at my local Firestone dealer and he seems to have the equipment. Bottom line to alignments is the person who does it. :jammin:

·
Registered
39 Posts
DBK:

I noticed that you're in Novi, MI. I work there. Anyway, my '03 Z06 was corner balanced and aligned at ATI in Wixom. Not cheap - but they do it right and they do it to your specs, if you're so inclined. They autocross a SM2 '04 Z06.

Call 248-848-9200 - ask for Richard George or Rick Myers. Website is www.atimotorsports.com - use my name as a reference.

If you've never had the car aligned, I'm sure that it has moved. There's a lot of wear and bushing deflection that goes on as you put miles on the car. You will be amazed how much the alignment changes the first thousand miles or so.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
acrace said:
DBK:

I noticed that you're in Novi, MI. I work there. Anyway, my '03 Z06 was corner balanced and aligned at ATI in Wixom. Not cheap - but they do it right and they do it to your specs, if you're so inclined. They autocross a SM2 '04 Z06.

Call 248-848-9200 - ask for Richard George or Rick Myers. Website is www.atimotorsports.com - use my name as a reference.

If you've never had the car aligned, I'm sure that it has moved. There's a lot of wear and bushing deflection that goes on as you put miles on the car. You will be amazed how much the alignment changes the first thousand miles or so.
Man, that's excellent. I would have never thought of them if you hadn't suggested it, and it's barely ten minutes from me. I actually ran into an ATI guy driving a Focus with a S/C DOHC 4.6 V8 project car once. Obviously they are into the good stuff over there! :D

Thanks, I'll be sure to let them know you sent me. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts