Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really dont want to use tape for my numbers and would like to order a set of stick on numbers. Where do you guys get them from? I'm not sure exactly what to get and dont want them to blow off at speed or never be able to get them back off. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you want numbers with an adhesive then try a local sign shop. If you want static cling numbers you could try solotime. Do a google search and you will find their website. They also do the adhesive vinyle numbers if you don't have a local sign shop.

However, if you want a really cheap alternative to both, then just go to your local hardware store and buy a roll of Contact brand shelf paper. You can then cut our your own numbers using a template. One $6 roll will usually last me the whole year and I can reuse the numbers about 3 or 4 times before they lose their stickness.

Good luck!

·
Registered
891 Posts
I went to a sign shop and bought 24" x 36" piece of white static cling vinyl and cut out my own numbers & letters. They stay on at speeds over 140 and in rain if you put them on the day before. I use windex bottle to mist on water and squeegee out excess water and air bubbles. The letters and surface have to be clean for them to stick. Some people have good luck putting them on dry at the event.

I store them on a piece of lexan and hang it on the wall when not being used.

I also have some adhesive backed numbers mounted on clear static cling. Its easier to handle that way. A sign shop made them backwards reading so i can put it on the inside of the windshield for events that require them.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
racingraphix.com has nice vinyl decals. They stay on much better than static cling; look great; easy on and off.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I agree with SoloTime, but these guys mentioned are NOT supporting vendors....why didn't the moderator delete these? :-?

Bob

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'll agree with the contact paper. If you're nervous about adhesive of any kind on your paint, you can put a thin layer of wax on, apply the numbers, then wipe off the remaining wax. (I haven't tried this with contact paper, but it works nicely with race tape - then you don't have any residue). I just print out a couple of big numbers, then trace then onto the contact paper and cut them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts