Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a really inconspicuous place to install the antenna. Where have you placed your antenna?

·
21,354 Posts
Since the car is plastic it won't impede RF signals. Therefore, I would look for a nice spot in the trunk or perhaps that little ridge just behind the seat!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Trunk

Yep mine is in my trunk. I get reception problems in the garage and if I'm on a street covered with large trees. Havent been in a big city downtown, but I'm sure the tall buildings would inhibit the signal. I'd rather lose signal every once in a while than put the antennae on the exterior of my car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I hid my XM antenna behind the rear tail light. It works fine 98% of the time.

I still can't figure out why they don't hide them on the C6. I hear they're going to hide the XM antenna on the Z06 in the side mirror.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
My XM antenna is on my dashboard, centered and all the way to the front. No real reception problems. It's also one of the smallest antennas they make though. A bigger antenna might be too noticable/annoying.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have got to believe that the Sirius antenna is th same as the XM. I have mine velcroed to the cloth lip inside the trunk lid close to the trunk clasp. Velcor works great. I would definitely put it on the driver's side of the car. There will be less interference there (i.e., closer to the centerline of the road).

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Located mine (XM) under the leading edge of the front windshield all the way to the rar right hand (passenger) side. Works fine under the glass.

Looking forward to Howard Stern are ya? :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
I know I am. I have to buy the sirius system first. Is the install a pin in the rump???????? I want to do it myself but the experts can doit much faster I am sure. Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I didn't do mine, but as long as you don't mind becoming somewhat of a contortionist, the install shouldn't be to hard. While you are it, putting in a rear partition might be a worthwhile project as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts