Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a C5 Z06 track/race prepped preferably a T1 race car. Looking to spend under $30k. The car will primarily be a track car that is trailered to events so I'm not looking for a dual purpose street/track car. Needs to already have full cage/seats/harnesses, cooling mods, gutting/weight reduction, etc as I'm not looking to build another track/race car (been there, done that). Needs to run on 93 pump gas, not race gas. I mostly do HPDE (as an instructor) but am interested in doing some NASA racing in the future.

Where is a good place to look for track prepped Z06's?

-Scott

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Check with Phoenix Performance, Phoenix, PA ... they build T1 cars from the cage up and often have cars for sale end of season.

You also have a PM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
3/4 of the T1 field at the Runoffs this year will be for sale after the Runoffs..Take a look on the sccaforums in the Touring category for a few listings as well as over on CF in the road race/auto x section...there are a lot of T1 C5Zs for sale and a few really good ones including 2 for sale by the Tracy's and 1 by Phil Croyle out in FL. I almost bought Phil's car and can give you a lot of info on it if you would like. His is probably the cheapest and best (or 2nd best to one or both the Tracy's) example and has the most spares and extras with it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
3/4 of the T1 field at the Runoffs this year will be for sale after the Runoffs..Take a look on the sccaforums in the Touring category for a few listings as well as over on CF in the road race/auto x section...there are a lot of T1 C5Zs for sale and a few really good ones including 2 for sale by the Tracy's and 1 by Phil Croyle out in FL. I almost bought Phil's car and can give you a lot of info on it if you would like. His is probably the cheapest and best (or 2nd best to one or both the Tracy's) example and has the most spares and extras with it.

Good luck!
why do so many car come up for sale after the RO's? looking to leave the class or build a new cars ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure. I think this year is a little different bc of the economy. A few guys are moving on to bigger and better things (STO), and a couple guys are upset with the car classification so they don't want to compete until it looks better for them. Also, there are a lot of guys running C5s, and these are mostly what's for sale (and what will sell). There are 3 C6s on the top of my head for sale and Pheonix may have 1 or 2.

..just realized you posted on sccaf...i'll send you an email in a little bit,I need to round up some emails from Phil Croyle to forward to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts