Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a floor mount interfere with my seats?

It looks like it would interfere with the adjuster bar. If not there then maybe to harness bar between the seats?

I know a fire system is the way to go, and its on the list. But I am only doing one or two DE's this year, and am going to have to make do with a bottle or two.
Any comments or suggestions?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I used the Brey-Krause mount in front of the passenger seat. It does limit the forward movement of the seat which is why I mounted it on the passenger side. It is within easy reach.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Easy to install. :)

Looks good. :) :)

Easy to get too. :) :) :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Bought the Brey Kreuse mount for infront of the seat but it interfers with your legs, so mounted mine using the fire extinguisher cage onto the harness bar.

You can just see it in this picture.....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pic. That does look good! It looks like I will have to remove the adjuster bar for the seat, but that's not to big of a deal.

·
Banned
809 Posts
wheelman said:
Would a floor mount interfere with my seats?

It looks like it would interfere with the adjuster bar. If not there then maybe to harness bar between the seats?

I know a fire system is the way to go, and its on the list. But I am only doing one or two DE's this year, and am going to have to make do with a bottle or two.
Any comments or suggestions?
What kind of seats are those? I'd also recommend the B-K extinguisher mount on the passenger side if it doesn't interfere with your seat adjuster bar. You want the fire extinguisher handy and you don't want it becoming a potential missile during an accident.

Sal

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vetteheadracer said:
Bought the Brey Kreuse mount for infront of the seat but it interfers with your legs, so mounted mine using the fire extinguisher cage onto the harness bar.

You can just see it in this picture.....

I like that to. That is the way I am leanig, but the floor type does seem easier to access.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have been thinking about the same thing, but don't have a harnes bar, so I figure I will be mounting it on the floor. I don't think I care if I can't slide the seat far forward on the PAX side, why would anyone want to slide it forward? I am more worried about it being in the way.

How hard it is to put in and take out?

·
Registered
882 Posts
3Pedal_Z06 said:
I have been thinking about the same thing, but don't have a harnes bar, so I figure I will be mounting it on the floor. I don't think I care if I can't slide the seat far forward on the PAX side, why would anyone want to slide it forward? I am more worried about it being in the way.

How hard it is to put in and take out?
Very easy, just lift up the two buckles. They are within 2 inches of each other so its one motion. The straps spring open and away. Just lift the fire extinguisher up. :)

Figured the lower to the floor it is, the less of a missile it becomes. :eek2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts