Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are thinking about Museum delivery, I hope this information helps. For those who have already taken Museum delivery, I know you will agree that customer service is their forte.

First of all, thanks to everyone for sharing my delivery via the web cam. And special thanks to those who sent pictures to Frank for web posting.

You probably noticed that my car was not on the web cams late thursday or first thing friday morning.

The NCM team found some minor paint defects on my car and another couples car Thursday. Rather than send the cars back to Cave City, Judy Yanko made a decision to return them to the plant where the best paint people were. My blemish was on the hood and the other couples was on the side of their magnetic red convertible. The bottom line is the NCM cared enough to have these very minor problems fixed before we first saw our cars.
I have never received that kind of dealer treatment. It has always been: Bring it back and well certainly fix it.

We were a little concerned when Judy first greeted us and said our cars were sent back to the plant but once she explained the minor paint repair, we were quite fine with the situation. My clearcoat black is perfect!

The cars were in place by 10:30 and I know alot of you got to see me flash the banner several times. The Museum certainly knows who we are having been thru the banner "flash" multiple times now!

If you saw me waving something that looked like a doll -- well it was. I had a nude barbie door with a Z06vette.com banner around her...my sick way of trying to get extra points JC! Unfortunately, my daughter said you could not tell it was a doll because it was so small. Oh well, next time I will have to try a blow-up doll.

The drive home was incredible. Never exceeded 4,500 rpm or 80 mph in 6th, but with only 37 delivery miles, the computer said I averged 28.2 mpg for the 291 miles home.

We now have 322 miles and will be over 500 by Mon. Then we'll open her up and let-it-rip
----safely, of course.

Will report on more later. Got to go for a drive. Dealer wants to see what he orderd for me...... You folks are ALL great. As I have learned from you, I hope to also help new members as we continue to grow this great forum.

Regards to all,
Ken- /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Ken thanks for sharing your delivery experience with us. I am glad it all finally worked out for you, to your satisfaction. Clearly, the museum folks are focused on providing a quality experience no matter what it takes! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Looking forward to it - my better half is also gettin into this, and this is not normally "her area".

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

It's gonna be a long couple of days... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Congrats, Ken, It was fun watching you with that beast /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Ken,

We all wacthed the NCM and felt like we were there. Too bad GM service seems to stop after the checks are cashed...........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
251 Posts
Urg!! I cant wait much longer. Sleep is very difficult these days!

Congrats!!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Venom:

Great story! I plan on doing the NCM delivery one of these days. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats...Judy is great and I can't wait till my NCM delivery on 9/17. Thanks for sharing your great experience.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congratulations!
I'm taking NCM delivery next month,(14th?)
I was becoming comcerned about any potential defects on my QS Z. The dealer has the money, what to do if something isn't right?
Your post certainly put my heart a little more at ease. It's great to know that Judy & the rest of the crew @ the NCM take such pride in their work, and customer satisfaction. Now if only the dealers would get their act together, they're the ones we give our money to! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks for the post, and enjoy that car! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thx2.net. I placed my Z06 order on April 26th but the dealers were not allowed to place initial 2002 orders until June 26th (I believe).

My dealer in O'Fallon IL. sold 100+ vettes this past model year. They only sold 50+ in 2000. Because of their 2001 success, they received more Z06 allocations this year and I was able to get the first one.

Hope this helps. Welcome to this great forum!!!!

Regards,
Ken-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts