Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 02, with Chevy opening up the airbox, changing the MAF and the free flowing titanium exhaust, will any of the usual bolt ons add any hp? Or, will a Halltech or Donaldson air intake still flow more air than a stock 02 intake?

Steve
02 MY Z06 (8-6 NCM delivery. Are you ready Agent Z06?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
They also changed the cam, used hollow valves and got rid of the pre cats, while making the main cats flow better.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wonder too. I plan on having the TB ported & adding a power coupler to further smooth out the airflow. Then headers....? I think I'll wait a while before installing them to make sure the car doesn't have any warranty problems first. Any other ideas?
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Bob
Bring back Frank /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Bob, porting the t-body will only give you a few hp on a modified engine and nothing on a stock engine, that is what the C5R engine builders have said, although the Hall Tech polished one looks great. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Steve,

Based upon the outrageous claims I see here for add ons, the extra horsepower should be easy. Start with chrome valve stem caps (10hp), then add a decorative plate between the exhaust pipes (5hp), etc.

jerboa, glad to be posting again after my mini-girlcot. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Steve,

After hearing the stock ehaust on the '02, I would prbably leave them on, even though I love my PRTs. The stock exhaust sound rightous at WOT. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Even though GM opned the air box a little for the '02, I would still change the breather. Vortex, Haltech, Jakes...they all make good breathers.

Jerboa, you forgot about the Corvette emblem for the steering wheel. That little sticker added 20 rwhp to my Z...dyno proven!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-07-29 16:50, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Steve,

After hearing the stock ehaust on the '02, I would prbably leave them on, even though I love my PRTs. The stock exhaust sound rightous at WOT. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Even though GM opned the air box a little for the '02, I would still change the breather. Vortex, Haltech, Jakes...they all make good breathers.

Jerboa, you forgot about the Corvette emblem for the steering wheel. That little sticker added 20 rwhp to my Z...dyno proven!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

That kind of humor is just one of the reasons I'm glad you're back. jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
362 Posts

On 2001-07-29 16:30, jerboa spewed forth this drivel:
Steve,

Based upon the outrageous claims I see here for add ons, the extra horsepower should be easy. Start with chrome valve stem caps (10hp), then add a decorative plate between the exhaust pipes (5hp), etc.

jerboa, glad to be posting again after my mini-girlcot. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
After years of bench bulls**t dyno work--I get most of my Extra SOTP power thru lightening the ashtray door and adding ghost flames. Have also had great H/P gains by adding chrome muffler bearings. All the parts needed for my conversions are avaiable at any auto parts store which is about 1/3 the price of a Vett parts dealer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
"jerboa, glad to be posting again after my mini-girlcot"

I todays world that should read "Personscot" /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bloozey

J

·
0 Posts
My electron blue Z06 starts on the trim line today. It's a NCM delivery and scheduled to go to Total Engine AirFlow in BG immediately after the museum pickup for installation of TPIS long tube headers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts