Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.

a few general technical questions here.

i just got my GHL bullets 2.5" exhaust, will install it soon. I think the next upgrade would be some headers with high-flow cats and an x-pipe. I was thinking of either LG motorsports header system or GHL's header system. I believe GHL's system is a 2.5" system where the LG is a 3" system. If I went with the LG system, would it be a problem bolting it to my 2.5" GHL mufflers?

I searched the forums for an answer but didn't really find one. do these companies offer different x-pipe sizes?

also, would it be pointless to get a 3" system if im going to bolt up my 2.5" mufflers to it? restriction, power loss, etc.

thanks for your help guys. probably wont get the system for a while, just not knowing which system to get when i would get one was bugging me.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
They will bolt up, the flanges have the same bolt spread. At least my old 3" Random Tech x-pipe did. It bolted right up to the 2-1/2 GHL Magnums. And my new 3" Kook's x-pipe bolted up also but they do have a 3" x 2-1/2" X-pipe also if you'd consider the Kook's system.
Just a suggestion though, worked for my exhaust.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I think the Kooks x pipe necks down to 2.5" right at the end of the pipe. I think it is made to connect to stock type location systems/pipes. At least my pipes are.

D.J.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
I think the Kooks x pipe necks down to 2.5" right at the end of the pipe. I think it is made to connect to stock type location systems/pipes. At least my pipes are.

D.J.
They (Kook's) have 2 x-pipes from what I found out. 1 is a 3" x 3" and 1 is a 3" x 2-1/2". Both will bolt up to the GHL's but I think any x-pipe will, not 100% but I've had 2 different 3" and they both worked with my 2-1/2 GHL Magnums.

·
Registered
396 Posts
ANY brand of headers/ x-pipe will work. Kooks and random tech make ones that are 3" all the way to connect to custom 3" exhaust, but they also make standard ones that shrink to stock diameter when bolting to the exhaust section.

IMO, go with LGs or Supermaxx.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!!!

since I have 2.5" mufflers, would they be restricting a 3" headers/x-pipe if i got that system?

and would i need an adapter or new gasket if the x-pipe flange was 3", or am I good to go?

also, has anyone heard anything about the GHL headers? I really haven't seen anyone on here with them. the only disadvantage looks like the x-pipe has to be cut to fit.

I'll probably end up going with the LG's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts