Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have $450 to spend on mods for my 2001 Z06. What intake/filter system will give me the best bang for the buck? I really don't want a 'bottom breather' and I don't want to cut the shroud. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have the HallTech sideWinder with the Z1000PS filter. It looks good and gives the performance too. It was an easy install with absolutely no cutting involved. There are a limited number choices if you do not want to make any cuts.

Good luck!

Don

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just to give you the other side of the story - I have the Donaldson and love it but I don't think you can go wrong with either of these setups. The Sidewinder wasn't available when I bought the Donaldson. I would give it a very hard look now!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Maybe I have the best of both worlds. I have the carbon-fiber Halltech Cobra with a Donaldson Blackwing. I figure I'm getting more air through the Blackwing, and am moving it through a larger airbridge. Feels mighty good!

-Kirk

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Blackwing from Exit28

We have the Donaldson BW's in stock for $215, shipped FREE, bets bang for the buck out there. Then you have money left over for something else:)

No cutting required.

The airbridges will add maybe 3-5 hp at best, buy those for looks.

RG

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Don't think so...

Don't think $450 clams will get him a Halltech:(

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Are you concerned with looks or HP? I was looking at safety and HP so I put a K&N in for 50 bucks. I just got a 02 lid and will install and find out if it was another 50 well spent in the spring, but still the safest way to go, and still get the performance. Ric

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I bought a K&N also for 50.00 bucks. Then went my the dealer and the mechanic was throwing an entire 01 airbox away. So I took it and am gonna modify the front for more air inflow (inflow? is that a word? :lol: )

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Geez Mike, You were at the right place.. Thats a good deal.. Are you going to make it Saturday????

Ernie

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Ernie King said:
Geez Mike, You were at the right place.. Thats a good deal.. Are you going to make it Saturday????Ernie

Yeah Criswell's service has been treating me right. I PM'd you about sat. I WILL make this one!!! :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts