• Keep looking.....

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stuck like Chuck, cant make up my mind. Let me know which one you would choose please.

Car 1-

03 Z06
13k miles
all stock
blk/blk
$34,350

Car 2-
03 Z06
6k miles
2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
30th anniversary
black/black
MTI professionally installed heads/cams/tuning
dynoed at 480 rwhp
vararam intake
$38,500

Which would you probably shoot for? I will be modding mine, so not sure whether or not i should just try and get the one already done, but then again, everyone tells me not to get a modded car.....input appreciated......

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
The stock one...Half the fun is modding the car. :cheers:

·
Registered
830 Posts
#2 a proven Tuner ;)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Lets see 6,000 miles versus 13,000 and 480 RWHP or 350 RWHP.

I can have a car that has 7,000 less miles and a 130 more RWHP for a little more 4,000.00 Dollars. Car 2# :D

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Louis Rivera said:
#2 a proven Tuner ;)
I checked the car #2. The heads/cam package alone constitutes the increased $$$. A heads/ cam package will run you ~$6,000. And then there's less mileage on the car. JMO

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think you would be happy with either one!!!!!!! Oh to mod or not to mod, that is the question.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
It all depends on your risk tolerance and how much of your net worth will be tied up in your new car.

If it's just another toy and the $$$ don't matter, go for #2.

I would never buy a modded Z06 or any other modded car.

Good luck.

:z:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'd go car 2 but offer them less with ti's modded as a reason and see how bad they want to sell. FYI all 03 vettes were 50th anniversary and should have the badging, some regular coupes were a maroon color with the magnesium looking wheels.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Also, price isnt bad for car #1 either

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys for the input.

Car #1 is at a dealership 200 miles from me, and car #2 is 20 miles from me. Car #2's owner isnt "really" pressed to sell it, or as motivated as the salesman at the dealership with car #1.

What should I offer for car #2 do you think?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Car #2 offer 37G's settle on 38G's. To me it sounds like a good buy at 38.5 :cheers:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd go with car #1. One of the best tuners around no doubt but I wouldn't buy a modded car. The price on the '03 doesn't seem that bad if it's really clean. Either way, you're getting one hell of a car :z:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
uthustler said:
do those HP numbers for car #2 sound about right for an MTI package?

No...That is not a MTI H/C package. They didn't build it. I suspected as much and called them. They build reliable...not radical. They may have tuned the car but, that's about it. :guiness:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
case2307 said:
No...That is not a MTI H/C package. They didn't build it. I suspected as much and called them. They build reliable...not radical. They may have tuned the car but, that's about it. :guiness:
hmmmmm, good find, thanks for the info.......

·
Registered
141 Posts
Car #2 sounds good if you aren't worried about the engine warranty. Worst case scenario if it blows up you will have to replace for around 8k installed. Most people don't blow up they're motors but there are people who have with this much horsepower. You will also need a new high performance clutch sooner than later for that much power.

I guess in the end it comes down to how much money you are willing to tie up in the car if needed.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts