Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to supercharge the z06. Or some sort of power adder besides nitrous. I played the nitrous game for along time in my 2k Trans Am and I want something different for the z06. What do you guys recommend? I need something that is daily and I would like 500+ at the wheels and be safe. Also on the magnacharger deal from Lingenfelter, how much would I put to the ground with that setup with warrenty? And when I sell the car later how much would I lose money wise? Could I sell it for north of what I bought it for if I sold it within a year or two? (37,778) I know how the mod game works but I would like to come out of this car with out losing much because I decided to play. :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I like the looks of Maggie. As far as resale expect to lose 50% of your investment. The Magnuson will increase you RWHP about 125 :coo:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I, too think the Magnason is the best looking SC out there, and it's safety level is pretty high as well. It would require a new hood, though. The centri systems, like Procharger, and Vortex, will give you more RWHP, but at a higher RPM. Their biggest advantage, IMO, is that if driven conservatively, the effects on gas mileage should be less than a Roots type. Also, you won't need a hood, and it'll retain the stock look. OTOH, the Maggie's power band is right off idle, and more immediate. Either one requires a good tune to be most effective, and safe.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You might wanna also wait a little longer and see what the Kenne Bell does. Performance numbers should be out around the end of the month.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Been very happy with A&A's Procharger kit and tune. Car runs like stock until you put the hammer down. Good luck which ever way you go, it will be a total blast.

·
Registered
81 Posts
IMO you should go with either the procharger or Vortech which are both intercooled and you do not have to change the hood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For what ever its worth, I've run a Vortech V1 S-Trim on my 94 Yukon for over 60k miles without any problems. I've found the Vortech to be a reliable street blower. When the time (and money) comes, I would be very comfortable putting it on my 03 Z06.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I am very happy with my Vortech. 600HP, good power, quiet, stock look, no appreciable effect on drivability (other than you better watch out when you get on it, no matter the gear, when the roads are wet), and I still get 30MPG on the highway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts