Votes: 37 5.6%
  • BPP

Votes: 82 12.5%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've had the BPP installed for about 6 months with no problems. I really like the 'notched' feel of this shifter... :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi to all, I finally made the aftermarket shifter decision. I obtained a b&m ripper shifter used out of another z. glad I did there is a marked difference in the throws and at first it felt a little notchy but that has lessened. I will try it for this summer and get a better feel for it, but for now I am pleased.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I love my Hurst with the Hurst Q-Ball knob. No rattles, very quiet and very precise shifts. Very good product IMO. I think many people get an aftermarket shifter looking for it to be more comfortable, smoother, and quieter than stock and overlook that these are performance shifters for performance driving. JMO:ity:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
I love my Hurst with the Hurst Q-Ball knob. No rattles, very quiet and very precise shifts. Very good product IMO. I think many people get an aftermarket shifter looking for it to be more comfortable, smoother, and quieter than stock and overlook that these are performance shifters for performance driving. JMO:ity:
Well Said. I like have the Hurst too, but in all honesty any shortened shifter is going to be better than the stock one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
shifter

I went with the Hurst and Like it alot. Not to mention it was cheaper than the rest, and free shipping! Once you get the shift nob off removing the boot is easy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hurst all the way! I had a BPP, and liked it because of the firm shifts, but it was LOUD! Then I was sitting at a light one day, went for first, and it snapped in half.:jawdrop: I replaced it with a Hurst, and I couldn't be more pleased. The shifts are firm, and most of all, it's quiet, in fact it's a lot quieter than the stock shifter.

·
21,338 Posts
I hate to say it but I'm back to stock. I decided to replace it yesterday while performing a photo shoot of the "jub jub" plug mod again.

I just want to see how it feels after all these years! :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Vuduchild said:
Hurst rattles no matter what you do Its not totally annoying but it shouldnt do that. The stiffer springs help prevent this but its BS in my opinion. I may cut the stock shifter and go with that. 170.00 for a rattleing shifter. The expense reward ration is out of proportion.
just installed the hurst the day after i got the car, parts of second and all of 3rd are by far the worst. the ratteling is almost as loud as the car, only does it when you are full throttle.

i noticed that iff you pull back on the shifter slightly that the rattle goes away, which says its probably rattleing off the stopps. either way it sounds like $hit but the throw is nice. the side to side tension is too hard though imo even for adjusting the springs. i have the hurst black ball shift knob on it and it looks pimp as hell but the ratteling sounds horrible.

hoping to run into someone with other shifters, mebbe the ripper, if its a better feel then ill probably trade up but im keeping this knob...its damn sexy :thumb:

101 - 120 of 147 Posts