Votes: 37 5.6%
  • BPP

Votes: 82 12.5%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Had a "Ripper" in my 03' Z and a Hurst in my 02' Z and like them both better than stock.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Installed the Hurst this past weekend, fanatastic!!! I don't know if it's the best but it sure as hell is 1000% better than the stock POS!!:jammin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I still have the stock shifter on my 04 Z. It's OK. Starting to get pretty sloppy at 95K miles though. I'm looking now and figure I'll be going with a C6 shifter. Everything I've heard from folks that have gone that way is good. To bad there's not a selection for that in the poll. I'm guessing that we would see quite a few that have gone that way...
For now I've entered 'stock' in the poll.:z:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed Hurst in my 04Z06 and what a deference!This was 3yrs. agos,just drove 06Z06 ,a friends and its the same throw as my stock shifter!It sucked!! AT the drags he said he missed 3rd afew times! I"d say after market shifter for sure!!Also had hurst T-handle drilled/taped and never miss a shift! YAA!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I don't know if this was the brightest thing I have ever done, but I swaped my MGW out for a MTI Six Shooter & I'm finre with it shifting 1 through 6, ~ nice tight shifter ~ but getting into reverse is a challenge ~ my girlfriend has to use two hands (arms) to get it into reverse ~ which leads to my question ~ for her 99FRC, which would be the best all around shifter and goes reasonably well in to reverse for her? I bought 2 MTI's but I do not think I'll be installing the second one in her car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, I don't know if this was the brightest thing I have ever done, but I swaped my MGW out for a MTI Six Shooter & I'm finre with it shifting 1 through 6, ~ nice tight shifter ~ but getting into reverse is a challenge ~ my girlfriend has to use two hands (arms) to get it into reverse ~ which leads to my question ~ for her 99FRC, which would be the best all around shifter and goes reasonably well in to reverse for her? I bought 2 MTI's but I do not think I'll be installing the second one in her car.
Pick up C6 shifter kit...stock feel with a more ergonomic design and about 10% shorter throws than the stock C5 due to the slightly shorter length.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK ~ So I found a used C6 shifter out of a 08 Z06 for the girlfriend's 99 FRC. But, if I use this shifter, I have to buy the C6 knob ~ correct? I do not want to do that. I was thinking, if I bought say a 2" 9/16 NF bolt, I could weld it to the C6 shaft then use any 9/16 ball/handle like the C5s. Has anyone tried this? Someone tell me this won't work before I do it.

Thanx

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK ~ So I found a used C6 shifter out of a 08 Z06 for the girlfriend's 99 FRC. But, if I use this shifter, I have to buy the C6 knob ~ correct? I do not want to do that. I was thinking, if I bought say a 2" 9/16 NF bolt, I could weld it to the C6 shaft then use any 9/16 ball/handle like the C5s. Has anyone tried this? Someone tell me this won't work before I do it.

Thanx
I've heard of a few machinists taping threads on the existing shaft, but it sounds mildly difficult. Not sure I would want to cut the shaft down and weld a threaded bolt on in place though.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Thanx
Buy a knob and be done with it... don't overkill it !!! lol its just a shifter don't overengineer it.:coo:

121 - 140 of 147 Posts