Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afcourse, depending on price of new Z06, this is what i considered.

I love the way new Z06 look but if it will cost me anything over 60-63k, i will not get it... Not worth it to me.

what i was thinking and i am sure many outthere are buying a 02-04Z (putting 600-700rwhp-modded) now selling for 40-50k and ride that thing out for 1-2 years and then make a decision of picking up this new Z in 2007 or 08.
by then all the problems that will appear will be solved and more power will be added (i m sure).

So, i think this will be my game plan, but like i said above, it depends on price of new Z.

what you guys think!? did anyone consider similar idea?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Not me, can't stand waiting as long as I am for the new Z06 as it is. I have a first year one now and plan to hold onto her also. I want a first year to match my C5 first year. This make any sense? :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Im considering the same thing...except a little different. First my price to cut off is probably 70k. Then if its anything over that then i will keep my c6, mod it and then look at the z again in a couple years. Also i dont want to lose too much money on my c6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
Looks to me that's what Golffox did with recent purchase of NO MERCY?

Only a few more days and we will know how much the C6 Zee is going to cost. Even if it comes in at a good price, Dealer mark-ups and and early availability will keep folks from have one until Spring 2006. So unless you have a low number on a Dealer's list at MSRP you are SOL. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,701 Posts
Redbull said:
Afcourse, depending on price of new Z06, this is what i considered.

I love the way new Z06 look but if it will cost me anything over 60-63k, i will not get it... Not worth it to me.

what i was thinking and i am sure many outthere are buying a 02-04Z (putting 600-700rwhp-modded) now selling for 40-50k and ride that thing out for 1-2 years and then make a decision of picking up this new Z in 2007 or 08.
by then all the problems that will appear will be solved and more power will be added (i m sure).

So, i think this will be my game plan, but like i said above, it depends on price of new Z.

what you guys think!? did anyone consider similar idea?
:thumb: there are four of us on one the list with one dealer 9 on another. Parachutes on stby.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
george said:
:thumb: there are four of us on one the list with one dealer 9 on another. Parachutes on stby.
I beleive that many will drop from the list if price is high.

But, having 650rwhp (750hp+) beast for 45k (if z06 06 is 65k, for 20k less-you get more power)

and wait out the bugs on new model to be solved.
by then, sell the old Z for what ever its worth and pick up 07-08 with more power (550hp most likely) and good price.

Thats just the way i feel at the point, but i will wait and see what the price will be before i make decision.

torch
(some like first model, some wait year or two later to get one, but its personal preferance).
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top