Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Has anyone changed their mind about the new C6 style?

• I still don’t like the new C6 Style

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I like the C6 style

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • I have changed my mind about the C6 style

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • I’ll never change my mind and hate it

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I haven’t actually seen a C6 in person yet

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The C5 is the best and can’t be topped

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Who gives a damn one way or the other

Votes: 6 5.5%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from a Vette show. There two three new C6's, two silver and one white.

I wasn't sure about the C6 but the more I see them, the more I like them.

Will be hard though to decide on a color when I have to order my new Z.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i'm warming up to it, but it still doesn't compare to the c5's smmooothhh lines! :cool:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Took me a while, but I came around. I STILL maintain it should have had pop-ups, and there are certain colors I don't like at all with the headlights (Mainly yellow and white). The Z06, with the extra bulges, bigger tires, and the different front is a BIG improvement.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm with snakecharmer -- I just love the popup headlights, aerodynamics or not. And I just can't get into the scooped rear. Having said that, the C6 is better looking than any other car on the road -- except the C5.

:)

John

[Just my opinion, your mileage may vary]

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
In the looks department C5, C4 and C6 in that order. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the looks of the C6, it's just not better looking than the FRC style of the C5. :cheers:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I never had issues with the C6 looks. And after seeing a black one at a car show I decided its a very nice looking car. Better than the C5 FRC ? No just different but still a very nice vette.

·
Registered
371 Posts
IT L GO said:
In the looks department C5, C4 and C6 in that order. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the looks of the C6, it's just not better looking than the FRC style of the C5. :cheers:

I agree 100% !

The C5s Appearance is Superior :z:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
z06pdq said:
i'm warming up to it, but it still doesn't compare to the c5's smmooothhh lines! :cool:
:yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Look at the sales numbers :roll:

·
Registered
259 Posts
The C6 has grown on me, however, nothing beats that FRC look. Even a 92 Mustang 5.0 FRC looks good. They should have made the C6 Z06 a FRC.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have changed my mind about the C6 exterior body style but not about how terrible the interior is. I absolutely can't stand silver accent trim interior parts. I sat in a C6 once and didn't see what all the hoopla was about it being an improvement. I prefer the interior of my 03 Z06.

·
Registered
66 Posts
janoz06 said:
Look at the sales numbers :roll:
Strange, GM is reporting that Q1 Vette sales are up around 2% versus last year same period. I would consider that "not bad" as we are just getting into Vette season. The initial dealer markups dampened early sales, but that's mostly over with. The sales don't exactly blow me away, but I'd consider them good.

·
Registered
340 Posts
well you can add me to that list of people who has changed their mind about the looks of the C6 vettes. of course at 1st i did not like the look of the car............what the fuck was i thinking. this car has grown on me very quick and now i luv the way it looks. the new Z06 is what did it for me especially the wider wheels, flares and more aggressive styling etc. it just has helped me to like all the C6's more not just the Z06. the fact that the new Z06's LS7 engine is 427 cubes with dry sump and 500 hp, etc. makes the car straight out a must have for me. unfortunately i will have to part with my C5 Z06 CE lemans vette to aquire the new Z06. but when the day comes it won't kill me to lose my current vette in order to upgrade to a better one. i will wait till the very end of production to buy the C6 Z06 right before the new C7's are released to make the switch just as i did with my current Z06. this way i will get the latest and greatest version of the Z06 for the cheapest price possible. so i will be driving my current Z06 for probably 5 more years b4 i make the switch. :z:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I like the looks like always and now their quicker then the base C5 and quieter, theres no replacement for displacement :jammin:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts