Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much rwhp can be had with the P1 unit...I am at 535 but am sure there are better outputs out there..Wondering how high i can tweek it,,,,,safely :jawdrop: :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Probably not the highest but my '04 is at 607 RWHP and 512 RWTQ. Stock heads and completely stock exhaust cats and all. Using A&A FMIC kit and running 10 lb. boost.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I ran out of fuel #'s below

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I would suggest staying at 535 unless your willing to upgrade to a forged motor. Im having a forged motor installed next week with the crap below in my sig and Im hoping for 640 rwhp.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I'm going to push mine up to 600 with alky injection. If it blows it blows. Forged 402???? :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
dbvette....I was looking in your sig. You've had some amazing cars in your time. :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 570 RWHP and a little over 480 RWTQ...All I have engine wise is LG Long tubes, Random high flow cats, Borla Stingers, BBK 80mm TB, Double roller timing chain (good insurance for 200 bucks), and of course a P1 7psi A&A kit with a Kenny Bell boost a pump...No forged motor or anything in that matter...I even have my stock clutch which hold up really well (tires break loose way before the clutch)...However, I always run 101 Trick racing gas. My retard is only 14 up on top and according to Andy (A&A Corvettes) I can get close to 600 RWHP with a little retard (however that is pushing it). In my opinion for street use anything over 600 is a waste on DOTs. Street legal slicks arnt avaliable for my 20" wheels :bmad:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spdrcrj said:
dbvette....I was looking in your sig. You've had some amazing cars in your time. :thumb:
Thanks...The Hemi car , at the time, was something that NO BODY wanted ..Sat at the dealer , brand new, they could not give it away...The car never would run right, sold it after 6 months and got a Charger RT...[wife said at least it has a little bigger trunk]wife is now gone, wish i still had the challanger!!! I want to tweak my system a bit more, have the boost come on quicker, and i am thinking the single cooler will help..Also running about 11.8 to 12.0 / 1 air fuel ratio which i think could be leaned a little more...I am thinking i could achieve about 575 rwhp with the upgraded cooler/plumbing/ and a tune... :thumb:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lajzo6 said:
All of you guys are making very good numbers, what is the max on a stock bottom end?
My opinion is around 550-575 rwhp, but, it also entails some common sense.....I drive mine hard , but not at 6500 all the time...If someone is beating hard all the time with a 500+ rwhp Z, it will break..My 2 cents :cheers:

·
Registered
200 Posts
The question was 'who has the highest'....

I have seen reported of P1's (with FMIC) pushing 600 rwhp. Is that ideal? Not really. For 600+ rwhp I think you would be better served with a D1 with a larger pulley and a forged motor. JMHO.

Good Luck,

Mark

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mdhmi said:
The question was 'who has the highest'....

I have seen reported of P1's (with FMIC) pushing 600 rwhp. Is that ideal? Not really. For 600+ rwhp I think you would be better served with a D1 with a larger pulley and a forged motor. JMHO.

Good Luck,

Mark
The reason i posted this is to find the upper limits of the P1...I plan on tweaking mine to the limit, then, in the future going with D1 and forged internals for 700+ rwhp...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts