Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of qualifications must a mechanic have to work on the new Z? I am not a mechanical knowledable person so lets say changing the oil, brakes etc. I am buying my Z from an out of state dealer - there are local chevy dealers in my area but they dont sell a ton of vettes let alone Z's, let alone the new Z. Just curious for some perspective from those familiar with engines of this sort. Thanks

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Tell us what city you live in and one of the members will recommend a Dealer for warranty work. For work that you pay for find a good Independent shop. :cheers:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does one do that for a specific area? The dealer I am purchasing the Z from has such a person but they are about 70 miles away from me - that being said if there was something major I would send it to them but for minor stuff a more local person is better - wonder if a call to Chevy Customer Service would provide certified master mechanics in specific areas?

·
Registered
356 Posts
RTY2005 said:
How does one do that for a specific area? The dealer I am purchasing the Z from has such a person but they are about 70 miles away from me - that being said if there was something major I would send it to them but for minor stuff a more local person is better - wonder if a call to Chevy Customer Service would provide certified master mechanics in specific areas?
There are many areas who do not have GM Master Mechanics. Most big cities or just lucky areas do. We have an excellant one at Farrell Chevrolet in Spartanburg, SC, Mr. Jeff Johnson. I wish I could help you. Good luck in your search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.