Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know?
Looking to purchase the Motorsports in black, but want the lightest of the bunch. I understand there is a weight variance between a few brands. Any input out there?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I'm interested too. The repro wheels sold through Mid America and Ecklers are heavier and I wouldn't trust them for the track as far as durability goes. ;)

Bob

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My intentions would be to order a set of Motorsports for the street where sprung weight is less of an issue. I would keep the 01 forged wheels for autocross and track events with a set of Hoosiers.
Common guys we need your expertise!

Cheers,

Greg :usa:

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
The lightest wheels are the stock wheels from 02 - 04. Have a set powdercoated black then polish the lid or to lighten them up some more, have the face machined.

Thats what I am having done now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
IVOZ06 said:
The lightest wheels are the stock wheels from 02 - 04. Have a set powdercoated black then polish the lid or to lighten them up some more, have the face machined.

Thats what I am having done now.
where are you getting this done at and what kind of price are they asking to do this? I really want to get the black wheels with a polished lip but dont want to add the extra unsprung weight to my car. I may have to have the same people do mine since we are in the same back yard :thumb:

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
JohnS said:
where are you getting this done at and what kind of price are they asking to do this? I really want to get the black wheels with a polished lip but don't want to add the extra unsprung weight to my car. I may have to have the same people do mine since we are in the same back yard :thumb:
Well actually I have a friend that owns a machine shop in Virginia. He has them right now and i do not have a price as of yet. As soon as he does i'll let you know.

BTW: where are you in town, I just moved into Buckhorn Groves. You can PM me.

Ivo

·
Registered
198 Posts
IVOZ06 said:
Well actually I have a friend that owns a machine shop in Virginia. He has them right now and i do not have a price as of yet. As soon as he does i'll let you know.

BTW: where are you in town, I just moved into Buckhorn Groves. You can PM me.

Ivo

bloomingdale and bellshoals :zboobie:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Greg -- Those wheels are not light, and from what I've read the quality is suspect. As others have suggested get some stockers powder coated and machined. There are a few places in NY that should be able to do that.

-N

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by Motorsport. Is that a brand name or are you referring to competition wheel. If it is the latter you might want to look at what John at CCW has avaliable. His wheels are strong and light. Yea and I think they look good too.
Tony #54

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
IVO sent you a pm.

Randy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts