Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what everyone considers when looking for a dash mat. I never gave it much thought myself, I figured one was as good as another, until I overheard a brief comment about brand names and tags showing.

What are your considerations? :cheers: Thanks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Eek! Dash mats? I'd keep the carpeting under your feet.

Not sure if you're dead-set on getting a dash mat (and if you are, then I certainly can't help you), but if you're on the fence about it, then I'd try to push you off onto the "No Dash Mats!" side. :)

-Kirk

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
I had a dash mat in my 72 stingray because the dash is directly in the sunlight and is VERY hard to find and expensive to replace....but in the C5? hummm....to be honest have never seen one

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the rescue attempt Kirk, but I'm already FUBAR. :rofl: I had one on my '03 for two years.

Maybe I should do a poll to see how many have them?

I'm having it tinted this afternoon too, limo in the back and a shade darker than legal in the front. Don't EVEN try and talk me out of that. :D Not only does a blk Z06 look awesome with dark tint, but I live in Phoenix where it get's XXX degrees routinely. Tint is essential here or else you need gloves to drive.

And that huge dash generates a lot of reflected heat when the sun shines, which is pretty much every day, so the mat protects the dash from getting UV baked dry, keeps the glare down so I can see the LEO's better and the cabin stays a lot cooler. It's a win - win for me. If the tint's dark enough you can't see in anyway. :usa:

I think I got the last mat at the dealership, and that one was ok but it had a tag showing and now I don't like tags showing because someone said something about tags showing. :mah:

But I'll prolly pick one up later today regardless, unless someone knows of a better one. Maybe I can rip the tag off.

Just don't anyone tell the mattress police... ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just say NO! PLEASE :zboobie:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ok, Uvetta... You win. LOL Just don't say I didn't warn you! ;)

(I see your poll up there... Hey, you've gotta do what you've gotta do!)

Anyway, the TINT will look fantastic. Post pics when it's done!

-Kirk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts