Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you out there have traded your 1997-2002 Corvettes in on a Z06? What are your likes and dislikes versus the two? I liked the ride quality better on my coupe and convertable and the extra options that were available with them. With that said, I still prefer the Z06, over the other Vette's in performance, sound and handling.:D

carzzy

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Carzzy.

My thoughts also. I traded in a 98 Coupe for the Z. It had a smoother ride, quiter interior and more options. But the Z rocks and is really the car I wanted all along.

Th Z has the handling, acceleration and dazzling good looks :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
We traded in a '98 coupe that was fully loaded for the 2002 Z06. But since we have a 2001 fully loaded Coupe trading in the '98 was really a no brainer once we decided to go for the Z06 .

The Coupe will be used for more daily activities but the Z06 will be driven at least every few days, we buy them to drive not store or show.

·
Premium Member
20,626 Posts
Traded in a 99A4 that I had modded out with intake, exhaust, xpipe, PLII, and firestones. It was a "nice" cruiser:) that my wife could drive when I let her :lol: :lol: got the Vette I wanted in the first place:yeadog: Now it's 'my' Vette :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I traded a '99 FRC (hardtop) for my Z06. I miss the 12 disc CD changer. I wish my '01 Z06 had the HUD. I also miss the lower payment, but the Z is worth every extra penny. I don't miss the run-flats, column lock problems, seat belt recall, and other problems associated with my '99.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I traded a 2001 Coupe A4 (after eight months of ownership) for the Z06 after attending Bragg-Smith's Level One course. Decided I wanted to spend more time running at road course events and definitely haven't been disappointed. :D

Andy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Miss the HUD. Autocrossing is this Z06's life. But we leave our racing on the track, but they are so hard to keep the foot off the accel. Quality was out the door on this Quicksilver. Hood latches were broke and rims all beat up in the inside. Dealer took care of it but still 50 thou should quality should be there.

·
Registered
495 Posts
TRADED A 2000 T/R COUPE FOR A 2001 Z06 WHICH IS WHAT I WANTED TO START WITH BUT AT THE TIME I WAS MARRIED AND MY WIFE COULDN'T DRIVE A 6 SPEED,,GOT RID OF THE WIFE AND THEN BOUGHT THE CAR I WANTED IN THE BEGINNING,,I MISS THE TELESCOPING STEERING COLUMN AND THE HEADS UP DISPLAY BUT I WOULDN'T GIVE UP THE 6 FOR THOSE OPTIONS,,OR OBVIOUSLY ANYTHING ELSE EITHER..:

:D :D :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Traded a 2000 FRC for the Z06. I don't miss anything about the FRC. The Z06 is all that the FRC was and much more. I do wish there was a better color selction for the Z06 though. It would have looked great in Dark Bowling Green or Navy Blue Metallic.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Traded a '01 TR Ragtop for the '02 ZO6........was at the right place at the right time....got it for the 0%. The ZO6 has a little more road noise but I'm able to hear the pipes (sound much better than the '01) which I like. Really don't miss the drop top but I do appreciate the HP gain!!! Both my other C5's were also sticks but this one is just different.....had to find my shift points all over again. LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Traded '99 Z-51, MN6 coupe for 2002 Z06.
Both were lowered by cutting front bushings.
Z06 rides better.
I really liked the '99 but the Z is such a blast to drive.
I miss the removable top a little but the rest of the Z makes up for that and much more.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I swapped a beautiful 00 convertible (Pewter/Oak/Oak). When I saw the buyer drive off in it I got a sick feeling. Two months later I had my Z06 and have never looked back.

I will say that I have since owned a couple of convertibles to get my open air fix time to time. :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Traded my 2000 silver/gray Coupe on a 2002 QS/bk Z06. My neighbors didn't even notice that I got a new car.

The interior noise was lower in the coupe.

I liked the ride quality of the coupe better. It could do everything I asked. The Z is a little stiff for the roads around here as a daily driver.

I modified the exhaust on the coupe by cutting off the stock outlets, drilling the internal muffler baffles, and welding a 3x5 inch 90 degree ell on each muffler. WOW, great sound - deep angry growl - better sound than the Z! If I can find Ti ells I will do the same modification to the Z.

All that said, I wouldn't trade the LS6 motor's top kick for anything. It gets the R's so fast I have trouble keeping it out of the rev limiter in the lower gears.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.