Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh, I remember, WE DID!

Vettes won GT pro and GT am.

I had a hard time turning off the vette-cam on speedtvcom. What an awesome thing to have done. 24 hours of in-car cam at Le Mans. What consistency and nerve they all have to race there.

They all ran awesome, but Milner gets my vote for his pass of the Ferrari in the drizzle and setting up the finish. :gjob:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Great win by the Vettes over in France...

·
9,755 Posts
To win the grand daddy race is always an amazing accomplishment- :gjob: Corvette Racing!
...and Congrats to Audi for hanging in there after 2 of their cars got punted off the track and smashed to pieces.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
...and Congrats to Audi for hanging in there after 2 of their cars got punted off the track and smashed to pieces.
Yeah, really. Those carbon fiber bodies just shred into little pieces and what is amazing is that both drivers walked away from them.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#4 wins at Mosport!

I know, a cheap win... But last I read, a cheap win is, how you say... A WIN!

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
#4 wins at Mosport!

I know, a cheap win... But last I read, a cheap win is, how you say... A WIN!
I wouldn't call it a cheap win. Pit strategy, fuel management and using lapped traffic to your advantage is all about racing and the #4 did it all.

Congrats to the Corvette Racing Team!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree.

I was at Road America (2009?) when the BMW won because the yellow put them behind the P1 lead car... THAT was a cheap win...

Racing is racing because of the rules. I'm just glad the vettes got their stuff together since last year's hiccups.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Racing is racing because of the rules. I'm just glad the vettes got their stuff together since last year's hiccups.
It's still a shame that the Corvettes had to scale down on power to level the playing field instead of everyone else stepping up. :yeadog:

·
9,755 Posts
I agree.

I was at Road America (2009?) when the BMW won because the yellow put them behind the P1 lead car... THAT was a cheap win...

Haha! I was at Road Atlanta last year when the Ferrari ran out of gas on the last lap, in the last turn, handing the victory to the Vette. Oh well, a win's a win :lol:

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm so glad GM is going to go racing in the ultimate class (where they belong, IMO.) Sure winning the flyweight class is commendable, but nobody pays attention to them. Now that GM is moving up to the heavyweight class, we'll see what they can do. Go Corvette!!:yeadog:

·
9,755 Posts
Corvette Win LE MANS with larbre !! yea !!
Yeah, we'll take it any way we can get it :lol:

Those guys have a great team. I watched them run strong at Petit LeMans last year.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Notes to FIA:

Re: Ferrari -

1) Participatory sponsorship for Ferrari drivers required from an international optical firm...
2) All Ferrari GT cars need to be constructed from papier mache', with exhaust tubing rollcages...
3) All Ferrari GT entries must drive in the bicycle lanes...

Two years in a row...wow!

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
A european team using one of the factory team's old cars won the GTE AM class. The factory team came in 5th and 6th in the GTE-Pro class.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts