Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all experts!! I have no fuel pressure with the ignition in the run position. With the ignition in the start position and starter engaged I have 60lbs of pressure....I am using a gauge on the fuel rail to determine pressure.

When the starter is released(switch back to run position) the pressure slowly bleeds to zero and the engine dies.

I can drive down the road with 60lbs of pressure as long as the ignition is in the start position. (not good for the starter or ring gear to say the least) But it did allow me to make it two miles to my house.....

Anyone have any ideas? I have ordered a new fuel filter with regulator but I have a hard time believing this is the problem. I would think the problem would exist all the time if this was the issue.

Anyone know how the fuel system is wired? Are there multiple circuits to the fuel pump? Example One for start-one for run?

It seems the fuel pump is activated when the switch is in the start postion but looses power once the switch is moved to the run postion.

I replaced fuel pump relay-not it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm betting it's a bad ignition switch. They seem to be fairly common. If I were you, I would probably take the car to the dealer to have them diagnose it. Their TechII tool will tell them exactily whats wrong without much guesswork.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a shake down of all the wires from front to back, unplugged all plugs and re stabbed them, pulled PCM fuse and reset and now it is running fine....I absolutely hate intermittent problems. I guess out for a drive to see if I can get it to "QUIT" again.

If I had a schematic on the fuel pump wiring atleast I could wire up an emergency jumper in case it leaves me stranded again.

Anyone have a schematic of the fuel system wiring?

Can the computer shut down the pump or is it wired direct from the ignition/fuel pump relay?

How about the active handling? can it shut down the fuel pump?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
The relay is in the box under the hood. It's plug in. Remove it, you sound like you'll be able to tell which side is the coil and which the contacts. Wire a switch across the contact side of the relay, plug back in. Close the switch, it doesn't matter what the computer wants to do.

I took a tap off the switched side of the relay to energize the circulating pump on my W/W Intercooler.

Of course, this is assuming the relay is at fault...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Will the engine run if you do not move the car? Is there any hint of a steering columb issue? Pull key and waite 10 seconds or any of that.
Tony #54

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I have found it...I built a jumper for the fuel pump relay just in case it is something else but it appears to be a TCS issue.

I pulled the codes on the TCS and it spit out Steering positions sensor and Yaw sensor error.

I pulled the fuse for the TCS and the fuel pump relay immediately engaged with the ignition in the run position.

TCS must be telling the computer the car is way out of control and cutting power to the fuel pump. This makes a little sense because the problem started out intermittently after hard/fast cornering. (The TCS light is on)

I'll drive her a while and if no more problems I will repair the TCS.

Thanks
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts