Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I had NO luck tracking down a bolt-in off-road pipe for long-tube equipped cars (theres a few for cars w/shorties), I had to kinda "hack" stuff up and make it work. I didn't really like the idea of having to permanently alter stock stuff, as I'm the type of guy who "you never know, but I might wanna put it back to stock someday" /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So today I was lookin at what had to be cut/welded/etc in order to get my LT's in. And after talking with my exhaust guy, I think I can possibly market something that will fit this niche. I'm sure there's at least a FEW of you on the board that install your own stuff... and would like to be able to put headers in without needing a welder.

So I'm just trying to gauge the interest in something like this. It would be an off-road pipe (no cats, altho I'm sure we can do it with hi-flo cats too if you want.) It would for sure fit cars w/ TPIS long-tubes (since that's what I have, and that's what I can make a jig for...) Slip-fit to the headers like TPIS wants, and bolt-up to the stock cat-back. No fuss, no muss, just bolt in.

I plan to take the car to the dyno soon to get some numbers with our parts for those who are curious (myself included.)

We haven't really discussed price, but I can promise you it will be reasonable... both of us are disgusted with how a lot of Corvette stuff seems to be more expensive, simply because it's for a Corvette. We can probably work out some kind of package deal for TPIS's along with the X-pipe, for those of you that don't have them yet.

So does anyone have any comments/ideas/etc? Would you consider a product like this if it were available? Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

TIA!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok great guys!! The plan is "in the works"... when we finalize some more info, I will be sure to post it here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts