Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering when any members expect on getting their new Z06's soon. We only have 3 weeks +/- before they are to start rolling out to us.

Just curious and good luck to all. :jammin:

·
Registered
338 Posts
george said:
Just wondering when any members expect on getting their new Z06's soon. We only have 3 weeks +/- before they are to start rolling out to us.

Christmas Z06 for me, it looks like. Victory red, so will look good during the holidays!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Whenever one of you guys decides to buy a new one & then sell it a few years down the road. Only way I can afford one. By the way I'll take a black one please! Take good care of the paint for me please. Lots of wax!!! :p

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I have an order number for mine, but still waiting for a TPW. Tentative Production Week.

My order is thru Stanford Chevrolet, and I'm number five on their list, so I'm hoping for one of the first customer cars.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm #3 on my dealers list and they are scheduled to get the third one in November. I guess mine will be my Xmas present.

·
Registered
203 Posts
george said:

ME!

·
Registered
338 Posts
fgordon said:
I'm #3 on my dealers list and they are scheduled to get the third one in November. I guess mine will be my Xmas present.
Looks like we both get ours for Christmas. I hope that we both get to open them early!
Planning on going to see mine built, I have not done this before, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Torch said:
Looks like we both get ours for Christmas. I hope that we both get to open them early!
Planning on going to see mine built, I have not done this before, looking forward to it.
Torch: Take a camera with you. Take a lot pictures and start a photo album on the cars history from the building to NCM. Stuff like this really makes the cars value more preferred over another Z06 with no real history. Just my opinion but I plan on doing it myself again. :thumb:

·
Registered
338 Posts
george said:
Torch: Take a camera with you. Take a lot pictures and start a photo album on the cars history from the building to NCM. Stuff like this really makes the cars value more preferred over another Z06 with no real history. Just my opinion but I plan on doing it myself again. :thumb:
No cameras allowed inside the plant. :cry: I wish. I do have a photo of my 01 on the assembly line. A friend pulled a string or two and sent it to me. Maybe, maybe might get something done, will see.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Torch said:
No cameras allowed inside the plant. :cry: I wish. I do have a photo of my 01 on the assembly line. A friend pulled a string or two and sent it to me. Maybe, maybe might get something done, will see.
Wow, I didn't know that. What's their reasoning, opsec? GM's getting their lunch eaten as is. Thanks. :usa:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Torch said:
Yes, cameras are not allowed, UNLESS you have special permission granted before you enter the plant. Call the BG plant at 270-745-8419 for details. :thumb:

Zipster :z: :z:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Planning on going for the build of the car and a visit to Wixom to see the motor plant.

Has anyone ever been allowed photos of their car on the assembly line? Is the number posted by Zippy a contact that can get this done?

Thanks very much.

ken

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe with some good luck GM will being giving out employee discounts to all and we can qualify by the time we get our numbers taken for building. Just hope, why shouldn't we get
what everyone else does?

I'm still in the outer limits at #174 so I may wait until 2007 comes out when I talk with Rick. Why take the car when I may not get the C6 2006 Z06 until late spring 2006 right? :blush:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
k wright said:
Planning on going for the build of the car and a visit to Wixom to see the motor plant.

Has anyone ever been allowed photos of their car on the assembly line? Is the number posted by Zippy a contact that can get this done?

Thanks very much.

ken
Ken: Suggest you call that number and ask...that's why I posted it.
I'm pretty sure others have taken pics (with permission) of their cars on the line.

Regarding the PBC (performance build center), as best as I know, they are not open for public tours.

Zippy :) :)

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
curvesman said:
How many did stanfords get for the 6 month allocation?
Don't know. Most dealers won't release that information. Would make it easier if we had that kind of information.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
johniew398 said:
Don't know. Most dealers won't release that information. Would make it easier if we had that kind of information.
What's the secret? If your a customer who has put money down you should have the right to what's happening especially when some of the formum members have been waiting over a year on the list. I think Rick would let us know, it's just good business too. Unlike me I'm so far out there I don't expect to hear anything until the ball gets rolling. :usa:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
george said:

I'm #1 on my dealer's list. Estimated delivery date should be late September I'm guessing. Maybe even early October.

Velocity Yellow, 2LZ, Nav, Polished wheels

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm also a #1, but since I made the "mistake" of leaving a deposit at a smaller dealer, I'm told their 1st ZO6 arrives in December! I was early enough with my deposit that I could have been at a larger dealer, but I didn't know then that it mattered.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts