Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The American LeMans Series Race at Elkhart Lake, WI takes place the weekend of August 20.

We'll arrive at our hotel in Fond du Lac on August 18th.

There will be a Corvette Corral for the fans to cheer the C6R Cprvette team. :cheers:

Any one else going?

For more info: www.roadamerica.com or www.americanlemans.com

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any racing fans here?

Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, anybody?

Zipster :-? :-?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sounds like a fun event. I'm going to be competing at Blackhawk Farms with my club that weekend.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wanted to go, but was roped into a family trip to the UP. I was very disappointed to see that the Speed World Challenge was skipping Road America this year leaving the ALMS as the only major race series at this great track. What gives?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Zippy said:
Any racing fans here?

Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, anybody?

Zipster :-? :-?
Zippy, did you get the new Z yet?,I'll see you Friday,Are you working or helping out the Museum at the Corvette corral? :cool:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
One of these days I will be able to get out and get to some of these events.....Until then I am ther ein Spirit and enjoy all the pics you post. Like, the 05 Z Fest! Hahahaha.....I could SEE MYSELF in the pics having a blast under the arch.... :ity:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jjwvette said:
Zippy, did you get the new Z yet?,I'll see you Friday,Are you working or helping out the Museum at the Corvette corral? :cool:
No, I did not get the Zee yet.

Yes, I will be helping out the Museum at Elkhart Lake...I'll be with Roc Linkov (NCM events mgr) on and off during the weekend.

Tony :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Minnesota will be representing.....

I will be there along with about 4 or 5 others. We will be heading down on Friday.

I will look you up when I get there.

Not sure if you knew but you need a pass to get in the Corvette Corral. If you already bought your ticket then you need to call them and have them mail you one out. If you havent bought a ticket then mention the pass when you do.

They just got the passes and started mailing them on Monday.

I am also seeing all kinds of news that GM is touting this as the BIG Race so the Corral may have some cool extra stuff going on.

I will be in the Torch Red Z06 with the Black Stripe. Unless Mdickie comes then it will probably be the only one there.
:jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I will be staying at the Country Inns & Suites in Fond Du Lac.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr Gift:

Chevrolet and the NCM go all out to provide the Corvette Corral participants a fun filled weekend, with unique opportunites such as a chance to share the excitement in Victory Lane after the race! :D

If your on the fence about going or not....just do it! :yeadog:

My wife and I have reservations aboard the car ferry, S.S. Badger, on August 17. We'll sail across Lake Michigan from Ludington, MI, and arrive in Manitowoc, WI about 11AM CST.

I'll be at the track Thursday morning. :)

Tony :z: :z:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I will see you there. We have a group coming in about 1pm on Friday afternoon. I have my tickets but did not get my corral passes in the mail yet. I will call tomorrow.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just FYI, looks like some of the corral passes will be at Will Call. Talked to Lisa and that is where mine are.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update, August 17th. We had an enjoyable and relaxing ride aboard the SS Badger. Took four hours to cross Lake Michigan then we drove to the Best Western in Chilton, WI.
Mrs Zippy is napping while I'm on the laptop.

Heading to Fond Du Lac tomorow where we will check into the Country Inn & Suites.

Looking forward to meeting you guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
391 Posts
One word Sweeeetttt!!!

I will see you on Friday...

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GODSGFT said:
One word Sweeeetttt!!!

I will see you on Friday...

Mr Gift:

I arived at the Corral about 8:30 am and stayed till after 4PM....didn't see you.

My wife or I will be at the NCM table under the big white tent in the Corral on Sat and Sun....stop by and introduce yourself.

Tony V.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Zippy said:
Update, August 17th. We had an enjoyable and relaxing ride aboard the SS Badger. Took four hours to cross Lake Michigan then we drove to the Best Western in Chilton, WI.
Mrs Zippy is napping while I'm on the laptop.

Heading to Fond Du Lac tomorow where we will check into the Country Inn & Suites.

Looking forward to meeting you guys! :cheers:

Welcome to Fond du Lac!!

My home town.

Hope your stay is enjoyable

Roscoe..

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Roscoe: Thanks for the welcome! We had to change our hotel plans and are staying at the Best Western in Chilton.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts