Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't say I'm a corvette enthusiast. I haven't even really been into cars till recently. I personally think the z06 looks awesome. At some angles, especially from the rear, it looks like a european exotic.

But, I was surprised to see many conflicting opinions on corvetteactioncenter.com by corvette fans who think GM totally blew it with the body design of the C5/z06. I guess its their opinion and if they're more into previous corvette designs, so be it. But, everything I've read here in this forum tells me you guys like the design. Why is there this discrepency? Like I said, people can say what they want. I just thought it was interesting.

One more thing. Are people here really being honest about rating z06 so high? I've never driven one, so I don't have personal experience. How would you rate this car in terms of quality and fun factor? Thanks

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Simply read all of the many articles written by the automotive press. That says it all. Supercar performance at 1/2 the price:D
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
All I can say is"Drive one" You'll have the answer your looking for. As far as looks go,I think it is "One Nasty Looking Car". No frills,no fluff, just a"Ready to Race"Hot Rod/Supercar

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
As they said, just drive one!

Some of the folks MIGHT be jealous, or they have to find some reason to dislike it which helps them justify/rationalize their own sports car of choice.

Some folks like to start a discussion. It's good that some don't like it, because it does get people starting to talk about the car.

To me the beauty is under the skin :)

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
One could say: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; or owner.." :z: :z:

I say: Just what are THEY drinking? Maybe they represent the Chadwick's and Veronica's of the Corvette Country Club set? :-?

The guys who have previously posted say it all. This is a race-ready rocket. It is not for the faint of heart. :cool: :cool:

If anyone really wants to know what the Z06 is all about, Drive one. Then comment. It's the best Corvette Yet!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
All I can say is that I grew up loving the C3 body style, all those sexy curves, and I owned one for 8 years. I hated what they did to the car in the C4, took all the shape out of the car. But then came the C5 and I fell in love with the body styling, very subtle but sexy lines, I fell in love with the Corvette all over again.

Then I drove mine when it arrived, and I can simply say that this car is the most fun you can have with your pants on, it is the only car that I truly miss driving when it is in the garage due to inclement weather.

This is one fun machine...

Mark

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The answers have been WELL stated by those before me.

In my opinion all Corvettes have a beauty to them that makes them special for their generation.

The Z06 takes this beauty and adds a massive performance punch that truly make this car more than the sum of it's parts.

GM said it best in the print that hangs on my wall...

"INTRODUCING AN ENTIRELY NEW LEVEL OF OVERKILL"

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just like the movie "Spinal Tap" where the guitarists super amplifiers have a dial that goes up past the normal limit of 10 and goes to 11, in the sports car dial the Z06 would be a 12. This car is an animal. It is very, very fast and sticks to the road like glue. When I take her for a spin my face gets sore from grinning so much:D

You gotta drive one and only then you will know.
I am waiting for the rain to stop so that I can get back out there.

:cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay, okay, I know, I need to drive one. I just wanted to hear your input about what you think about the styling and if any of you corvette fans thought the body style wasn't good.

Like I said before, I think the car looks awesome.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like the styling very much. The look from the front is like a panther (especially in black). John Cafaro & studio 3 did a great job in creating this beauty. I am reading a very good book about the design process in creating the C5, the title is 'All Corvettes are Red' by James Schefter ($11.20 on Amazon) Highly reccomended reading.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I said before, the other website was also a corvette forum and more than a few posts stated otherwise. Just asking for opinions...

by the way, thanks for your replies:)

·
Registered
221 Posts
i think..

it looks great. I am more of a fan of the coupe in just looks, but both are pretty cool. I think the only thing it needs is a smaller ass, but aren't most guys always saying that!! :) I think if you compare it the last model, the C4, it is a huge step up!!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
If an FRCer may chime in here... I absolutely love my FRCs looks. And it, as you know, is the acknowledged "lowly beginnings" of the Z06. Although I prefer to think of it as perfection improved on by the Z06! :p

When dealing with specialty cars like Vettes, Vipers, etc. We buyers tend to make emotional choices We then build in or already have built in, all the rationalizations to defend the purchase. We then respond defensively when someone shoots at, what we percieve, to be the best choice in the world.

Much like when we men select women and finally get one goofy enough to marry us. She may be, in our eyes, the absolute best, brightest, and most beautiful in the world. On the other hand, to someone else, she may be a wall-eyed moron, who can't walk without tripping. To compare, anyone ever secretly chuckle and call a Viper, a "Clown Shoe"? :D

Problem there is that, it's ok if you think it, but if you tell me that about my wife, I would gladly put a large dent in your face, where your nose used to be!:lol:

Bottom line is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Problem with that is that folks can't keep quiet about who or what is beautiful or not!

Another aspect of this defense phenomenon is that we always make the best defenses we can to defend our positions... Human nature, and it's not bad. That's why the C4 owners, on other forums, for the most part dis the C5 owners... Ugly cars, we don't wave... It can't outrun ... etc.

Well, that same thing happened when the C2 turned into the C3 into the C4, and will probably occur when the C6 makes it's debut.

Everyone wants to be "best". I will emphatically settle for being "happy"!

One last final note. As stated previously in this post ... It does make for interesting discussion. I won't dent your face for laughing out loud at my car.:cheers: Well ... Probably not!:lol:

Dan

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion... even when they're dead wrong! :D

I think the FRC design is great. Very business like and still stylish. Looks very much like a convertible removable hardtop. I love the look and open air feeling of a convertible (does it show?) but between a coupe and an FRC, I'd much rather have the hardtop with a real trunk. A removable targa top would be a nice option, though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The answer to this question is simple. All of the complaints I've heard about the styling is from Coupe and Vert owners. It seems to me that they rag the Z06 styling as a way to justify the purchase of a non-Z06.

·
Registered
397 Posts
CorvetteSS said:
The answer to this question is simple. All of the complaints I've heard about the styling is from Coupe and Vert owners. It seems to me that they rag the Z06 styling as a way to justify the purchase of a non-Z06.
Nonsense, and please don't lump all vert owners into the same category. Each to their own. And besides, it shouldn't matter squat to you if anyone else likes your car or not... it's YOUR ride!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts