Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You would actually remove the trick titanium exhaust and put a heavier after market version, ie Corsa, PRT's? I don't get it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Didn't. Won't.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I tend to agree with you in that I don't like the idea of replacing a fancier, more exotic, better looking (IMO), lighter system with an aftermarket one. That said, however, the stock exhaust just isn't doing it for me. Having a muscle car is about more than just speed, its also about sound. When I had my Bassani on the Cobra, I would always get compliments on the sound and it would turn heads. Call me a showoff, but I liked it. It wasn't obnoxious like these ricer machines that sound like vacuum cleaners without a bag, it was powerful sounding and down right mean. There are very few things I miss about my Mustang, but that is one of them. As soon as I get a chance to double check the sound of the PRTs on someone else's car to make sure I like it, that will change. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I will be keeping the stock exhaust, however, because not having it would be detrimental to resale, IMHO.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I changed to Corsa Indy with GTR tips because of the sound, and I like the unique apearance of the GTR tips. As far as the weight difference...for my usage, the few pounds diference is unimportant and I highly doubt anyone would notice a diffference in handling or speed.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello.

I replaced my stock exhaust for two reasons. First off, I was told that the B&B PRT system made more BHP and more Torque than the stock system. Needless to say I'm questioning if it is true or not. The other reason is that I wanted to do an exhaust system that made the car sound as aggressive as it looks. Well, the PRT's are loud, but it has a nasty back rap sound when the exhaust is cold. When you get some heat in the exhaust system the PRT's are sweet as the NY symphony orchestra. The only other thing I have thought about trying is to make my own personal system. I know how I would do it but I think the cops would be on me like white on rice. LOL.

Sincerely,
Justin C.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts