Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and others not?

I tried to make heads or tails of it with years but there is no ryhme or reason to it that I can find. My dad has an '02 Vert and it has it, but his buddies coupe doesn't.

Did it come with a performace package option?

Thanks for the information. Awesome site here. I hope to join the family within the next month. I'm looking. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Do you mean the body molding? If so, it is just an option that has nothing to do with performance. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Someone told me I'd pick up about 6 rwhp by removing the BSM's with less air drag, so they are in the basement! :roll: :rofl: Seriously, the car looks better without them. :yeadog:

Bob ;)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
rpallas said:
Someone told me I'd pick up about 6 rwhp by removing the BSM's with less air drag, so they are in the basement! :roll: :rofl: Seriously, the car looks better without them. :yeadog:

Bob ;)
I heard that the coefficient of drag was greatly reduced with the molding. Somebody's not telling the truth.

D.J. :guiness:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I certainly don't have all the info here but I thought they were there to protect your doors from idiots that park next to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rpallas said:
Seriously, the car looks better without them. :yeadog:

Bob ;)
I think so too.

I'm leaning towards a 2003, hopefully black. I'll try and find one without the moldings. Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
regardless, they're easy enough to remove with a heatgun and some patience....don't let that steer your decision on a car at all.

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
rpallas said:
Seriously, the car looks better without them. :yeadog:

Bob ;)
Well, that's one man's opinion.
I happen to like the way they look, kinda like:

One of mine has a ding in it that would have been in the door if I did not have them on.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Welcome to :z: and good luck in the quest.
As others above have said ... you can remove the BSM's ... DIY information available here.

·
21,356 Posts
z06_23_45 said:
DJ Worm said that they helped with high speed stability. I'm not exactly sure why, but hopefully he'll chime in later.
They do provide a small amount of down force which improves high speed handling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jub jub said:
They do provide a small amount of down force which improves high speed handling.
Thanks for the info guys.

I've been checking the site out the last couple of days and MAN is there a ton of information here. I've been a regular at Mustangworld.com for a long time, owned quite a few stangs, but am looking to upgrade to another class of car.

Thanks for all the information. I'm sure I'll have more once the new ride arrives. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts