Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always viewed every contact as a sale. :)

I am amazed how many vendors don't answer, give flippant replies or just write incoherently to product questions. :screwy:

My overriding concern -- if customer service is this bad before the sale, how is it going to be after? :(

1) I was looking to purchase a $130 item for the Z. One particular Internet site generates the correct part number but there is no listing of price or stocking of that part number. I email the vendor and he replies -- check the website. No sale here. :mah:

2) Many vendors post pricing, options and delivery here and on the other forum. Just in the last month, I thought about adding a $3,000 mod, my emails were never returned. Perhaps my questions were redundant or I was written off as bothersome The money is transferred to my stock purchasing account for the moment (there are a few guns I have been wanting). :p

3) Another vendor where I am looking to spend $1,800 gave a few incomplete answers and to others, there were no replies. Sale is postponed until I get-up the interest again. :cry:

4) I won't even attempt to address the issues I have with that :cen: partsdirect. You can do a search and determine their problems. :bmad:

I have one Internet dealer where I spent $1,800 recently. We exchanged approximately 8 emails over time. Not only did he answer every question fully, suggestions were made that doubled my original $900 intention but it was well worth it. He was willing to sell me my original selections, but his suggestions were valid and helpful. He made the sale. :yeadog:

Vendors, as email is cheap and effective, make up a form letter if you are grammatically challenged. Fill in the blanks with the price, delivery, options and how it is going to make my Z even better! Personalize the salesperson. Doesn't hurt to have your people and the customer bond. And spam your database every so often with deals and offers -- most of us would not object! :D

I have enough guns (well almost) but would love to add more mods! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
One would believe that there are some rules associated with "vendorship". Rule One should probably be the ability to do right by the customers. Then again, if a vendor needs this type of "rule", I guess I'd do better dealing with someone that just instinctively knows how to treat customers or potential customers.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I'd like to keep this at the top.

In my experience Ken King at Vette Essentials has been great at answering any inquiry's I've had.

One of the main reasons I went with MTI in Houston was the fact that they answered my email question in a timely fashion almost 2 years ago now. I sent the same inquiry to a few other vendors here and I'm still waiting for answer.

MTI got my $30,000 order, not just because they answered my emails but because of the complete customer service package.

Joe

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
As a forum member who spends lot of money on stuff for my car, I understand your frustration. But, it is rare that there is only one vendor carrying a specific product and when I get the type of service you mention above, it is pretty clear to me how much they want my business so I usually take it elsewhere.

As a forum vendor as an Independent AMSOIL Dealer, I am not allowed to advertise AMSOIL pricing here or on my website due to AMSOIL corporate policies. But, I can share this information in one on one dialogues in a non-national format (e.g. PMs, emails, phone conversations). So if you have any questions about AMSOIL pricing, please feel free to PM or email me and I'll get right back to you... unless I'm at sea, and then I won't... :lol:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I have e-mailed 3 vendors looking for the lead time on a Darton sleeved block.
It does get frustrating. I guess they don't want my money. :-? There's also a Darton block on the CF and he hasn't answered me. I sent 3 e-mails to a guy that has been trying for a couple of months to sell diablo hinges. I was starting to think it was just me. :-?

Any of you vendors want to sell me a darton sleeved block bored at 4.155? Just give me a lead time please.

Maybe reversed advertising will work. :idea:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
E-mail, heck I can't even get a particular vendor on the phone. I called that shop four days (vendor was in ) just too busy to take the call. Left my number each time and no call back. I only wanted a cam, guess I was not spending enough money in his shop. Obviously no sale! :mah:
Bob

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey -- I feel your pain.

I've tried reaching Richard Griffen at Exit28MotorSports forever about a new purchase.

Never an answer.

And I'm a repeat customer. So I know what you mean.

·
Registered
310 Posts
In my case, I've found that my spam blocker kicks out good emails, occasionally. It's impossible to deal with emails without a spam blocker. I used to get 500+ junk emails a day. Try wading through that mess. It's frustrating.
I post my cell phone # and shop phone on my site, signatures and emails. I am available to answer any and all questions almost 24-7. Emails sometimes just don't get through or get lost among the ones that I do get. I really mean to answer all of them, but I do slip up sometimes. I NEVER just blow one off because it's a small sale, or a question about a part I don't even carry.
Tom: As for the Darton block: I sent two blocks down there last week. The sleeves are on backorder but should be ready in a couple of weeks.
They are coming out with a 4.200" sleeve. I may try one of those. I'm thinking 4.200 X 4.250 stroke = 471 CID. :jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
In my case, I've found that my spam blocker kicks out good emails, occasionally. It's impossible to deal with emails without a spam blocker. I used to get 500+ junk emails a day. Try wading through that mess. It's frustrating.
I post my cell phone # and shop phone on my site, signatures and emails. I am available to answer any and all questions almost 24-7. Emails sometimes just don't get through or get lost among the ones that I do get. I really mean to answer all of them, but I do slip up sometimes. I NEVER just blow one off because it's a small sale, or a question about a part I don't even carry.
Tom: As for the Darton block: I sent two blocks down there last week. The sleeves are on backorder but should be ready in a couple of weeks.
They are coming out with a 4.200" sleeve. I may try one of those. I'm thinking 4.200 X 4.250 stroke = 471 CID. :jawdrop:
Never noticed anything on your web site about the Dartons Andy.
I've got this LS2 block but everthing I need to convert is on backorder.
How much for darton blocked LS6 ready for boring?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree with GNX Guy----- Ken King, at Vette Essentials, returns e- mails and phone calls as soon as he can.
Also, Andy, at A&A Corvettes, answered any e-mails I had about prices or orders.

Ray B.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Ray B said:
I agree with GNX Guy----- Ken King, at Vette Essentials, returns e- mails and phone calls as soon as he can.
Also, Andy, at A&A Corvettes, answered any e-mails I had about prices or orders.

Ray B.

:yeadog:

A&A already has my business for price and service. :thumb:

Vette Essentials will be getting my money pretty soon too. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I too wish more vendors spent additional time and effort answering e-mails. Where I work, I can't realistically have 1/2 hour phone calls with vendors, but I can bang out e-mails all day long. :D

That being said, there are numerous vendors I've dealt with that stink at answering e-mails, but are superb once you get them on the phone. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Give us a try :cheers: We answer every e-mail, usually within a couple hours, but sometimes it's minutes. Including weekends, holidays, nights, etc. We'll treat you like you expect (or even better!).

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Some weeks we answer well over 1000 e-mails (yup, very busy!). As Andy mentioned some e-mails get picked up by our spam program but that box is cleared out daily. A few might blend in once in awhile. On the other side I've found that some customer's spam programs pick up our e-mail. Something has to be done about those spammers! Our AOL customers were having a hard time getting replies from us recently. AOL said that our signiture wasn't formatted correctly so they were bouncing the e-mails back.

If a customer takes the time to write a vendor should taken even more time to respond! :)

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-508-636-0770 in MA)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

NEW WEEKLY SPECIALS CAN BE SEEN ON - OUR WEBSITE

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think we all know email is a necessity these days, but I agree, many people should not use it. The use of a form letter is a great idea, as too many people formulate thoughts off the top of their head, write them down and give very little concern for how they will be received and even the total content of them.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
MTI used to be prompt with me when i used to deal with david. I then got pushed over to dealing with chris and since i havent bought much from them. Too bad that they are the closest to me and still cant answer me promptly. They could have had a lot business. I buy MANY parts for all LS1 guys from my country.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts