Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the GM logo they are go to stick on the ZO6 by the rear wheels? It is a little silver square.

I hate when dealers put sticker on the back bumper. Now GM is going to start putting cheap stickers on all their cars.

I hope it comes off easily.

Dave

·
Registered
353 Posts
get over it!!!!!! its not all that bad just take it off yourself. the dealers do it and its the worst. i saw a camaro someone picked up used at a ford dealership and it had the ford dealerships name on the back with FORD in giant letters.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
GM's sales solution: Slap its logo on every brand

By Ed Garsten / The Detroit News

Look for the GM logo

GM has decided to stick an additional GM logo on all of their brands in the U.S., to emphasize the connetion with the parent company. Is this a smart marketing move?

Yes, it might help sales
No, it won't make any difference

Get results and comments

Comment on this story
Send this story to a friend
Get Home Delivery

General Motors Corp. is going to stamp its corporate logo on every car and truck it sells in North America in an effort to better link its eight brands with the parent company.

The automaker, revving up marketing efforts to reverse declining sales, plans to use the logo first on a slew of important new vehicles such as the Buick LaCrosse and Pontiac G6.

The new badges will land on every 2006 model sold in North America across GM's eight brands -- Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Hummer, Saab, Saturn and Pontiac.

"Our own studies show that consumers place a tangible value on the General Motors name," said Mark LaNeve, GM's top sales executive.

Ford Motor Co. sells Ford-branded vehicles and DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group sells Chrysler products. GM is the only major automaker that does not market cars or trucks under its corporate name.

The new initiative dovetails with GM's marketing strategy for OnStar and the StabiliTrak stability control system, which are pitched under the GM umbrella and will become standard equipment across the GM product line.

"The GM corporate name has a stronger public image than some of the brands that make up the company," said Joe Barker, with CSM Worldwide in Farmington Hills. "It tells consumers GM is backing this vehicle."

·
Registered
14 Posts
GM is not the only one putting stickers on the new C6's. Some owners are putting Z51 and 400HP badges and stick-on Corvette letters on their C6's. Sure cheapens a beautiful car. You don't see it on other world class sports cars. JMO

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The GM Logo is just ahead of the back wheels.
I see Orange Peel is still alive and well :puke:

·
Registered
864 Posts
That's the first thing I request when I buy a new cars is no dealer or manufacturer metal that is stick on. They take it off promptly at the dealer.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a sticker that says "Yea, It has got a Hemi!" that I am going to put on the back of my new C6 Z06!

·
Registered
469 Posts
GM is so arrogant and ignorant that they believe their "brand" carries with it a good reputation to the consumer marketplace.

Read that article that someone posted... they think this will HELP sales.

[sarcasm]Boy... as a consumer, I sure am glad I bought a car with a GM logo on it! That means a company that's losing money uncontrollably and has a "junk bond" status suppoorts me. Boy don't I feel reassured. :roll: [/sarcasm]

·
Registered
469 Posts
R H Howard said:
I think GM was just ranked second to Toyota by JD Power on build quality. Wasn't it???
The true-to-life build quality of GM's vehicles has actually been pretty good for quite a while (not including the 80s)... but it's the public's perception of their quality that hasn't changed.

Today, the majority of their product line is nothing but "me too" family sedans with bland styling, old motor designs (the pushrod 6 has GOT TO GO), and mushy suspensions. You can't even begin to compare a Grand Prix GTP to an Altima SE-R. In just about everything that isn't a Cadillac, Corvette, or Solstice, GM's product line is the definition of aiming for "good enough".

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
G.M. was/is a fine brand IMHO. I drive one of the cars they make and most of you guys do as well. It has Corvette stamped on the rear end. It's the best car I have ever owned. They do make some cars I wouldn't drive. I call them rental cars because that's what they look like to me. They are boring as is a Honda. I have owned three of them, (Honda's). Mopar was dead years ago and was bailed out to go on to be bought be another big company. Ford has had problems as well and at some point not to long ago lost a lot of market share. The fact is there are a lot of cars to chose from and a lot of folks are buying small economy cars from Japan, etc. I am sure G.M. has a very good engineering staff and they should be left alone to build stylish, modern, fuel efficient cars. Right now it looks like the bean counters are running the show and they haven't a clue. Maybe I don't have a clue?

Letting off some steam, Sorry.

D.J.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
IT L GO said:
"Our own studies show that consumers place a tangible value on the General Motors name," said Mark LaNeve, GM's top sales executive.
Of course they do. Given the incentives GM has to place on their cars to sell them, this value is appears to be roughly $-1500.00.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts