Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
bobby778 said:
Bunch of BS!!! The price will most likely make your :jawdrop:
I couldn't agree more, We ought to have a poll on not how much the car going to be, but when there are going to announce the price. If this is some sort of marketing strategy, it's starting to upset a lot of folks. :roll:

·
Registered
853 Posts
hYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gets everone buzzing!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I am sure it will be way more than my wife will let me pay anyway. :z:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
bobby778 said:
Bunch of BS!!! The price will most likely make your :jawdrop:
Good. I'll get another car. I've been busy keeping my eyes on another restoration muscle car that will appreciate not depreciate when you drive it off the lot. I agree this "bait and wait is BS" :bs:

·
Registered
145 Posts
GM doesn't care. Dave Hill said that they will have a buyer for every Z they produce.

I'm a business man and that seems kind of twisted to me. The object of business is to produce a product for every willing buyer. Seems to me that GM has set a number they will produce (about 5k) and they don't care about demand above that number.

I wonder why they're having financial problems. :eek:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Although I too am very interested in the price of the new Z06, I wonder how many OEMs have already announced the prices of their 2006 lineup?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Historically they always wait until late June or early July to release the prices. It's nothing new or different than has been done before. It has been this way for years. Why worry or get upset over something that has nothing to do with anything.

IT L GO said:
I couldn't agree more, We ought to have a poll on not how much the car going to be, but when there are going to announce the price. If this is some sort of marketing strategy, it's starting to upset a lot of folks. :roll:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fgordon said:
GM doesn't care. Dave Hill said that they will have a buyer for every Z they produce.

I'm a business man and that seems kind of twisted to me. The object of business is to produce a product for every willing buyer. Seems to me that GM has set a number they will produce (about 5k) and they don't care about demand above that number.

I wonder why they're having financial problems. :eek:
Laying off 25,000 and closing plants! Yes GM is in big trouble, they have had there hay days. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
bobby778 said:
Laying off 25,000 and closing plants! Yes GM is in big trouble, they have had there hay days. :yeadog:
Agree. :thumb:

I can see where members/buyers get disgusted with the village idiots posting that $75-80,000.00 is a fair price etc.
Remember when they take the Z06 off the lot and see it drop $10,000.00 before they hit second gear they could have waited and used good sense.

GM is in trouble. If GM plans on making a living off Z06's they won't. And for all the A-holes that want the price to be as high as hell I'll be buying your car a year from now so take good care of it. If the price is low $60,000.00 area (base for race) I'll stay on the list and have mine when built.:thumb:

·
Registered
520 Posts
george said:
Agree. :thumb:

I can see where members/buyers get disgusted with the village idiots posting that $75-80,000.00 is a fair price etc.
Remember when they take the Z06 off the lot and see it drop $10,000.00 before they hit second gear they could have waited and used good sense.

GM is in trouble. If GM plans on making a living off Z06's they won't. And for all the A-holes that want the price to be as high as hell I'll be buying your car a year from now so take good care of it. If the price is low $60,000.00 area (base for race) I'll stay on the list and have mine when built.:thumb:

Great post!! This makes for good reading during work.

·
Registered
806 Posts
GM's pay back for the posted spy pic's of the new Z several months back.

Now GM is saying FU!! You are all gona wait for the price and pay a huge dealer mark up!

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
I am sure it will be way more than my wife will let me pay anyway. :z:
That's a Roger on that one. Same here. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
2001Z06 said:
Historically they always wait until late June or early July to release the prices. It's nothing new or different than has been done before. It has been this way for years. Why worry or get upset over something that has nothing to do with anything.

Dead on. It is a 2006 model year car. GM isn't up to anything.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Anticipation will be after you order the new Z!
The initial price will test how bad you want one or not. I am not ordering one till I drive it and test it out myself. :usa:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Phaster said:
Anticipation will be after you order the new Z!
The initial price will test how bad you want one or not. I am not ordering one till I drive it and test it out myself. :usa:
Great reply. Of course if you read all the BS about how they are so few and far out you'll be lucky to find one on the moon.

Well the moon will find me if I drop off the list when the price comes out as I've said many times at the end of the month.

Hell I 'll just buy the car for about $7 to $10,000.00 cheaper with a couple thousand miles on it then. And they will be there for sale Low Miles. ;)

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Sure glad I cancelled my order.... :yeadog: Why the hell am I even reading this post or in this section? :roll: I'll stay in Pit Road and Racing. :guiness:

Bob :D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
fgordon said:
The object of business is to produce a product for every willing buyer.
Except it's not! The goal of business is to maximize profit. That might very conceivably not be done by producing a product for every willing buyer.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've said it before...they know RIGHT NOW (and have for a long time) what they have to charge for this car to make money and meet objectives for the car from a finanical standpoint. So the fact they are still withholding the pricing is RETARDED.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts