Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...riding in my Z06 today.

She is not a car enthusiast at all, and argued with me when I told her I was buying one a couple of months ago... she thought I would never be happy with "just a vette" given my fortunate car history.

Finally today we had a babysitter so we go out in the Z... took a couple of backroads and she starts explaining to me how none of my previous cars did "this really fast thing" and how the car sounded etc. etc...

Just cute listening to someone who is totally not into cars try to express what they just experienced riding in the Z.

By the time we came back home she said it was beatiful and offered to wash it tomorrow...

Ah, good thing she can't drive a manual or I could be in trouble. These Z's are just incredible, and nice to see that even non-car people can appreciate that!

Here's to enjoying our Z's! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I am planning on taking my wife out for a spirited ride either tonight or later this weekend. OUr daughter is spending the night at a friends so we can get out and cruise. We have other plans, also...

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
5 months and my wife will not get into the car, I think it had something to do with our last drive in my previous car. :lol:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
My wife was in the Z06 once and that was in October, to observe the fall foilage. To make a long story short, she thought the Z was, "noisy and bumpy"......And she didn't appreciate me showing off to the Viper guy behind me, when I suddenly downshifted to 3rd at 50MPH to pass a mini van and accelerated to 110MPH before she could scream "OH MY GOD" at the top of her lungs. No, I don't think she will want to check out the foilage in the Z anymore.:D

carzzy

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
SilverZ,

Indeed a great ending to the story and a new beginning to your experiances, Indeed my wife loves to cruise in the vette and ride on the harley but never wants to drive either says she love to sit back and enjoy.....

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
That's awesome. My wife would never offer to wash any cars. I have to wash hers most of the time. hahaha Glad she approves, the battle is now over.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wife didn't want me to get another...

...vette. So, I told her, it's definately not another vette.

3100 TPW 2/11. Can't wait to show her!

Good story dude.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
SilverZ said:
By the time we came back home she said it was beatiful and offered to wash it tomorrow...

Ah, good thing she can't drive a manual or I could be in trouble. These Z's are just incredible, and nice to see that even non-car people can appreciate that!

Here's to enjoying our Z's! :cheers:
Sounds like she's under the Z's spell :D.

Better watch out, if shes really been bit hard, she will be thinking about learning how to drive a stick .... mark my words :D.

·
Registered
644 Posts
SilverZ,

I have yet to take my wife out in the Z, same problem, need someone to stay home and watch the 2month old (my 4 and 5 yr old aren't old enough). The day will come soon. I guess it's no rush, she hasn't really ask me for a ride.

john

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Good thread.

I was a little doubtful the first time I took my GF for a spin. I waited about 4 trips before I did anything remotely wild. One day I too was behind a van doing about 50 on a two-lane road. I had a clear shot and went around the van in 2nd. Climbed quickly to about XXX and skip-shifted to 6th let it slow on its own. I looked over and she was laughing out loud with a big grin on her face. She was hooked.

She doesn't drive a stick.

Glad you reminded me of that one.

:D

·
Registered
778 Posts
My wife rode with me for a long time in the '99 FRC, and started hitting me up to drive it. She LOVED it, and in Nov. '01, she got her EB/TR Z06. What can I say? I've bonded with the FRC, and am quite content to drive hers occasionally. Now she wants an exhaust as loud as the FRC-COOL!!!:z:

Joe :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
My wife drives the Z06 in the SCCA autocrosses. She also Likes her Coupe. I really enjoy the fact she likes the Vettes as will as I do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback!

And it was great to hear about your own experiences... although I am just way too jealous of the few lucky souls that can get their better halves to drive a second Vette, Viper, etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts