Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Grand Sport rims fit without any problems on a Z06? I have the 17x9.5 fronts and 17x11 rear, and would like to get race rubbers for my 02 Z06 when I take it to Buttonwillow. Are the GS rims heavier than the Z06 rims? BTW, if anybody wants a set of BFG Comp TA, please offer me a fair price. This set of BFG has very minimal wear. Also, are the SC tires OK for the track, or should I just not waste my time going to the track until I get some race tires?

Thanks!
EBZ coming before Christmas :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Rapid,
Please repost when you find out if they fit. I am toying with the idea of buying a set of them myself.

chris

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I posted the same question at the Corvette Forum, and the answer was that the GS rims fit with no problems. Personally I have seen those rims on C5 many times, though I never got to talk to the owners.

RT

·
Registered
467 Posts
GS wheels are 17x 9 1/2 @56mm front and 17x11 @50mm rear. The fronts fit perfectly however the rears stick out from under the rear fenders by 6mm.

I think the GS rears weigh ~24 lbs. (vs. zo6 ~21 lbs). Fronts are about the same ~19-20 lbs. for both.

·
Registered
280 Posts
the GS wheels fit fine. they are slightly the wrong offset, the rears stick out a lil, nuthin major. rememb yer speedo will be very slightly optimistic.

oops, forgot to say, the rears (GM factory wheels anyway, not the AFS or other knock off's, don't know what those weigh) weigh 21 lbs an a few oz each..

David

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am running them and no problem except that they stick out a little as mentioned. AFS charges 1000 a set.

Bob

·
Registered
280 Posts
yes, "GM" still makes em, they're made in Japan by a factory that makes a lot of OEM wheels (ie for Ford too)..
the ones a dealer sells are 'real', not replicas, unless an individual parts person is doin something hokey..
they come in boxes that are GM boxes with a GM part numb so it's easy to know what one's gettting.
they can be had by shopping around for bout $320 each, without center caps and without lug nuts. the lug nuts are 2.50 each n ya need 20 of em so add another 50..

btw - Discount Tire (and others) can order the AFS knock off's for $250 each made to the correct C5 offset specifications. takes a lil work, but worth it. If one can get past the "knock off" issue than that is the way to go. personally, I won't run on track on any non DOT approved wheels, but that's just me.

shiny side up
David

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dreamin said:
GS wheels are 17x 9 1/2 @56mm front and 17x11 @50mm rear. The fronts fit perfectly however the rears stick out from under the rear fenders by 6mm.

I think the GS rears weigh ~24 lbs. (vs. zo6 ~21 lbs). Fronts are about the same ~19-20 lbs. for both.
If you get real GS wheels (not ZR-1) then they will fit just fine with only a little bit of tire sticking out. I've seen them used for racing applications on C5's so they must be OK.

Not very scientific, but by my digital bathroom scale, front 17x9.5 GS rims weigh 19 lbs. The rear 17x11's weigh 20 lbs. Give that +/- 1lb and you should be good. This if for genuine factory A-Mold wheels, mind you, not the repro's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts