Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Im pretty sure it will

but TC is worthless to me when compared to Active handling, active handling is what can save your life ect :jammin: , TC only wears out you motor quicker IMO, it doesnt save you from much, you can let go the throodle yourself, :screwy:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Vladcanada said:
How come? never heard of that theory before, Explaine please? :-?

well, Its very much from my experience and my opinion, TC cuts off fuel and then starts cutting off cylinder by cylinder really rapidly ofcourse, I know that cant be any good, when you modify a car extremely the shop always advise you not to get on it with the TC for this very same reason, most just disable it complety, even if it didnt hurt the motor I think it is still a good try but ended up being a failure, thats where Active handling comes in, If TC was any good for safety Active handling wouldnt have been invented most likely...

Active handling brakes to straighten out your car when you cant do it yourself, TC cant manage that, actually if you are an experieced driver and you get in trouble wheel spin will get you out of trouble, thats they way you pull the car the direction you want it to go, with TC on a driver cant manage that, actually in wet surfaces when TC comes on it does indeed stop wheel spin but it takes weight away from the rear when in turn makes it less stable and makes you do a 360 if you cant hold it, If TC wasnt on you would have more weight transfered to the rear and be able to control it more, plus when TC is really necessary, you can let off the throddle yourself :coo:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
actulally its says it has the mirror package , one of them but not the other, but dashes under the Radio package :-? , am I stupid or what, I cant seem to understang it :eek:o:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
AH/TC are standard = that's correct :z: :z:

·
Registered
864 Posts
ARe the levels of the TC/AH tunable as they are in the Ferrari? My M3 is ether on or off which is ok because the car is difficult to spin anyway but it doesn't have the torque of the Vette. I love the magnetino syatem on the Ferrari F430 that has one dial that tunes throttle response, F1 tranny shifts, traction control, active handling and suspension setting's all in one switch on the steering wheel which is the same system their F1 car uses. It's better than having to work multiple switches like I have to on my BMW. I turn it all off and crank up the throttle response and tranny shifts anyway. I like getting as sideways as I can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Corvettes have essentially three modes: TC and AH on, TC and AH off, and AH on with reduced TC. All are controlled with one switch. The Magnetino switch is actually controlling the F1 transmission, too, and Vettes obviously do not need that yet. Some day, we hope. TC is a valuable thing on Corvettes with as much low end torque as they have, especially in the wet. You are right, big drift angles are fun, but they sure tear up tires.

Taz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts